Lost package?

tony

WKR
Bought some truck parts around Memorial day from a reputable on line shop. June 4, Two packages shipped and both were supposed to arrive together. One did the other did not. Both were small and light weight so, if someone stole one why not both?
Called the shop and the girl I spoke with said she would contact the company that must make it and sell it to them direct. She contacts me back in about an hour and said they will open a claim with UPS and decide either to pay me back or ship out a new item and this could take 10 days. I mentioned her site showed it in stock at the time I ordered it as I also ordered a part not in stock and the site clearly showed not in stock. She really couldn't answer the question.

So I call back today to see if there was any movement and she checked and said she is still waiting on an answer.
So do I file a claim with UPS as well?
When do I contact my credit union and see what they can do as I used my debit card to pay?

BBob

WKR
As far as I know only the shipper can file a claim. I'll bet if you call UPS they'll tell you to call the shipper and have them file it. That's the way FedEx works.

OP
T

tony

WKR
Thanks
Never been an issue getting deliveries. Just weird two ship, one shows up.

JeffP_Or

WKR
Was the item not recieved the same item that was shown as 'not in stock'? I have had multiple item shipments show up on tracking as all items having been shipped when in fact only one of the 2 [or 3] packages was actually shipped. Something about the way they get logged and entered in the system. The packages eventually showed up - these were always not in stock or shipped direct items outside the vendor.
I've actually never cancelled a payment or contested one so am no help there. Good luck though!

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
If you are having issues with shipments then tell the shipping party to require signature at delivery. Sure, you may have to go to the hub to get the box but Methhead Mike won't grab your box then moments later be angrily tossing your much needed item in the trash because is pissed was not something to inject, eat or pawn.

OP
T

tony

WKR
Items in stock were shipped and delivered together, 1 made it.
cancelled the out of stock item, was going to be a few months.
Usually ship things to the GFs place.
service girl didn’t say and I didn’t think to ask, she acted like she could see the were shipped and delivered together
Appreciate the advice, first time I’ve had an issue like this