Looking for some suggestions and input on a new rifle scope with a hold reticle

Elite

WKR
Hey everyone. I am in the market for a new scope for my elk/moose rifle. I mostly hunt thick bush and some open areas but shooting past 500 yards at game won’t happen. I have been looking at the Swarovski z3 with the brx reticle and the leupold vx5hd with the boon and crooket reticle. Little confused on this one with the triangle settings and how you set them? But I have swaro Binos and they have now wrecked all my rifle scopes for me after seeing what clear glass can be like

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turley

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Z3 3-10X42 BRH and use the Swarovski Ballistic App (plug in the information and it spits out yardage for each hold over line/dot....it's simple and straight forward.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
I have a Z3 3-10X42 BRH and use the Swarovski Ballistic App (plug in the information and it spits out yardage for each hold over line/dot....it's simple and straight forward.

Thanks for the feedback. I was playing around with that app. How do you find it works to actually shooting at the range with the information it spits out? Would be nice to zero the scope and a range that would make each hash mark close to 300,350,400,450

Sandstrom

WKR
I have that scope. It works great as long as you put in good information. Last time I stretched it out, I was able to get first round hits out to 500 on a six inch plate with my 308.
Ryan

OMB

WKR
Hey everyone. I am in the market for a new scope for my elk/moose rifle. I mostly hunt thick bush and some open areas but shooting past 500 yards at game won’t happen. I have been looking at the Swarovski z3 with the brx reticle and the leupold vx5hd with the boon and crooket reticle. Little confused on this one with the triangle settings and how you set them? But I have swaro Binos and they have now wrecked all my rifle scopes for me after seeing what clear glass can be like

Thanks

I have the Z3 3-10 specifically for weight and not wanting to dial, I've found it to be just fine out to 500 yards at the range. It's on a Kimber Montana that I don't intend on taking any shots in the field past 400 yards. I would recommend the BRH over the BRX, I found the reticle to be too fine on the BRX.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Does anyone have any issues with the field of view on the Z3? On the specs it seems low compared to other scopes?

turley

Lil-Rokslider
I have no issues with the fov on the Z3.
I’ve considered purchasing the Maven RS.2 2-10X38 (SHR reticle)….and they’re on sale (ends today).