Looking for hunting partner unit 54 Colorado

Going on my first elk huntin September (archery) . I have completed and continue daily to study elk101.com university elk hunting course (by Corey Jacobsen). Several of my buddies planning on going with me backed out the last week the app was due. I am looking for someone to go with. It can be a beginner like myself or someone exprecinced. I know this is a long shot but really not wanting to go by myself unless I have too ( which I will do if need be). I have been focusing a lot on physical condition and plan on using that to my advantage, if you are serious about going and want workouts I can provide them for you. Looking forward to hearing from y'all!

Hall256

WKR
If you find yourself in the same position next year keep me in mind. Unfortunately this year I'm in training with the Marines, so I'll be stuck to Virginia.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

HOT ROD

WKR
Good luck finding a partner... This is beautiful country... If U find a partner... Make sure he is in shape... As U probably all ready know... This is rough country....

HOT ROD

WKR
One more thing... If U don't find a partner... Do Ur self a favor.. And go my Ur self.. U wont regret it... Be careful and have fun.. There is a lot of black bears in this unit.. So keep a clean camp..

I'm in a similar boat but figure I'll just go by myself. Not sure how people find quality people to go hunting with, I got a couple friends who hunt but they aren't really all that committed and are kinda flaky.

As for that elk101.com, are you finding it to be worth it? I'm just getting into elk hunting and seems like it could be good.

Is that an otc unit for non-res? Didn't draw my tag this year and looking for a plan b?

slim23

Lil-Rokslider
i am going to 54 muzzy hunting. going solo also. but not really looking for a partner but always game to help a guy out. text me
618-599-0016

svivian

WKR
I live two hours away... if you need help with pack out send me a pm and I'll give you my number. The pack out is always the toughest part.

If you come out early to scout, shoot me a pm. I know 54 well. Happy to go out for a day and show you around if the schedule allows, or can show you some spots on the map, etc.

lam396

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be in 54 in September. Got a partner already and tons of guys have offered some level of help but if you find yourself needing something in Sep, send me a message and ill see what I can do. Or if you want to chat about spots etc, this is our first time in the unit but we can compare notes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bar

Banned
Sounds like you're looking somebody near you now to go with you. You need to give your location.

I have been hunting GMU 54 muzzleloader for about 8 years now. I am not that familiar with the wilderness areas as I tend to day hunt the steep dark timber 1-4 miles back in the non-wilderness areas. Happy to share some of what I know about that end of the world. Shoot me a PM with your email and will get back with you. If nothing else - I can let you know where I am camping in the area so you have a contact for a cold or hot beverage when in the area. As others have mentioned, lots of bear in this country. Also, quite a few turkeys running about if you want to grab a tag before heading up.

Blessings!

Last edited: