Looking for anyone who has done the Tikka Mountain Tactical BM 300WM AICS mod

philcox

WKR
Ok, I am 80% through this transition (trigger milled, BM installed, bolt stop replaced), but now to the "no return" part ... modifying the action. I will do this next week, but in the meantime I am looking to see if anyone has done this mod? If so, was the mod the inner or outer 1/2 circle? I am assuming the inner/smaller one, and depth is .10" (so my image is exaggerated). Again, anyone who has done this, I'd appreciate any insights.

IMG_5474.jpeg

Spindrift

FNG
Ok, I am 80% through this transition (trigger milled, BM installed, bolt stop replaced), but now to the "no return" part ... modifying the action. I will do this next week, but in the meantime I am looking to see if anyone has done this mod? If so, was the mod the inner or outer 1/2 circle? I am assuming the inner/smaller one, and depth is .10" (so my image is exaggerated). Again, anyone who has done this, I'd appreciate any insights.

View attachment 444902

I’ve considered this on two different Tikka 300WMs but couldn’t justify the work and risk relative to me skills.

You looking for greater OAL?

Looking forward to seeing this pan out…good on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
philcox

philcox

WKR
I’ve considered this on two different Tikka 300WMs but couldn’t justify the work and risk relative to me skills.

You looking for greater OAL?

Looking forward to seeing this pan out…good on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, need to support a 3.570 OAL. I’ll let you know. Doing it next week. I have relegated myself that it may be a single feed if I screw it up. But I have to single feed it anyway given the current configuration, and the load that I’ve got developed for it is somewhere between a 1/2-1/4 moa.