Looking for a Texas hunting lease

eamyrick

WKR
I looked hard outside of Fredericksburg this year but they wanted 10k for 150 acres. There aren’t many open forum deals worth having which is why I drive to New Mexico to chase Turkey and CO for Mule Deer. If you want to chase hogs with a bow check out Lake Granger WMA. I always bump hogs chasing ducks out there.

rbljack

WKR
I looked hard outside of Fredericksburg this year but they wanted 10k for 150 acres. There aren’t many open forum deals worth having which is why I drive to New Mexico to chase Turkey and CO for Mule Deer. If you want to chase hogs with a bow check out Lake Granger WMA. I always bump hogs chasing ducks out there.
Ive been going to NM also for turkey...LOL. And yep, still havent drawn a deer or Elk Tag in NM or WY so considering Colorado for mule deer. I got a lab last year, so I have started doing some bird hunting, but finding places to go is difficult. Places I have found are limited public land opportunities....aka few available and small tracts of land that are covered up with people and very few birds.

I quit the lease game a long time ago, but know plenty who still lease hunting property. Be very careful of something that comes easy that you find online, most are too good to be true. Tons of horror stories and 1 year turnaround waste of money places. Some of these LO's are flat out unscrupulous.

OP
G
Yeah, I couldn't agree more. People asking for $4000 for 50 acres of crab that needs a huge amount doing to it. TBH I just need a farmer who'll let me shoot hogs. I appreciate the advice all.

Weldor

WKR
Call a few Outfitters, they usually have a hook up for Hogs.