Looking for a Lite Bino/Bino Harness setup...like some thoughts from the RS team

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
The older I get, the more I seem to be becoming a weight wennie. I've been thinking about my archery elk optic setup and think it's time for a change. 10x42 bino's and the Alaskan Guide Creations bino harness have been a good general purpose setup for me, but for the way I archery elk hunt in the backcountry - I'm thinking about getting a decent pair of 8x30ish bino's and a bino harness that covers the opotic when not in use, but is something SMALLER and lite to help with weight while also making the "heat pad" on my chest smaller while I'm hiking up steep mountains in September in 70 degree weather.......

Suggestions on Bino Harnesses that fit the bill would be appreciated,. I just want the harness to hold my bino's and a wind checker bottle. no gun, range finder, calls, phone, lunch......

If someone knows of a decent quality bino somewhere around the the $500ish or less range that is lite weight I'd appreciate some thoughts on that as well. Again - thinking about the 8x30 size range.

Thanks guys!

Jakeb

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Rick young bino harness for my cheaper pair/truck binos and whitetail hunting. Offers zero protection, but holds them tight to your chest and very minimalistic. Might work for your purpose.

I used a sweet pair of Nikon DCF HG 8x32 in a Kuiu harness for archery and it's light weight and minimalist.
Nice setup.
Do you carry a rangefinder on your harness?

OP
ELKhunter60

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
I used a sweet pair of Nikon DCF HG 8x32 in a Kuiu harness for archery and it's light weight and minimalist.
Nice setup.
Do you carry a rangefinder on your harness?
I've kept a rangefinder in a pocket on my harness in the past. I keep going back and forth about maybe putting them in a belt pocket. Funny you mention the Nikon's. I have a pair of M5 10x42 that I am very happy with. Been considering a smaller version for archery. What are you thoughts on the rangefinder?

Drenalin

WKR
I use the small size FHF but replaced the harness with a Rick Young. Small footprint and very light weight. I keep the rangefinder in my right belt pouch.

TN2shot07

WKR
I would absolutely recommend checking out the Maven B3’s, that’s what I use in the woods 90% of the time here. I haven’t found anything better in that price range. I also use one of the Rick Young harnesses but that wouldn’t cover the binos like you’re after.