looking at Leica GeoVid R 10X42, confused on pricing

Jeep351

FNG
I've been lurking around rokslide for years and finally took the time to start and account.
I've been looking at a new set of GeoVid R 10X42 after my Nikon Lazerforce gave up the ghost during my elk hunt last week. The GeoVid R seems to be an upgrade to the lazerforce in everyway and it looks like they have a new upgraded version out. I decided to give camera land my business since Doug is always on here giving great advise and help, but when I went to camera land's website I was stumped. It is showing the old version of the GeoVid R selling for $1599, well above the price of the new version GeoVid R, at $1399. Am I missing something? Is there something that makes the older version better? Just want to be sure before I pull the trigger on this purchase.

Mojave

WKR
Leica's are great. Try to go to a store and look through as many models as possible. They never seem to have enough eye releif for me.

handwerk

WKR
I believe they lowered the price point on the new ones to be more competitive, I would grab the new ones as they've improved the RF, I'd suspect you'd be happy with them.

Badseed

WKR
I have the new leica geovid R and absolutely love them. I believe the newer geovids have the lecia 30yr warranty whereas the older ones do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk