Lightweight Tripod

Looking for any advice/suggestions on picking up a lightweight tripod for my spotter/binos for sheep hunt this fall. The Outdoorsman tripod I use is a bit too bulky for this hunt. Would like to keep it under $500.

Thanks for looking.

mstei4

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve heard really good things about the Kramer Designs Granite Peak. Comes in at 8 oz or less and less than $150. It does not have a fancy head set up, and is probably best left to smaller optics (no 100 mm spotters that’s for sure), but seems to be a great option if it fits your needs. I know some on here have one

blazingangel09

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the Black Ovis Alpine Pro for an upcoming caribou hunt. Its only tall enough to use while sitting to cut weight and I have been very impressed for the money. Its $190 and 2.05 lb with the included pan head. pretty tough to beat

evergreenethos

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using the Vortex Summit Carbon II (binos & spotters < or = 65mm) and Ridgeview Carbon (for when I need to stand for long periods or am using bigger, heavier optics) tripods for a while now. The heads aren't the greatest, but the CF legs have been really good so far. Lots of other great options out there, and I know Vortex is a 4 letter word for some, but I went with these due to great veterans discount through Guidefitters / GovX / Expert Voice (I can't remember which one I actually ordered them from).