Lightest cheater reading glasses

OP
S
I also hate that all of a sudden, I need to use glasses to see up close. The Thinlights will work for me, it looks like. That's another 1 ounce of food I can bring now.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

How about these? 0.1 oz., or 4 grams by themselves, and 0.6 oz. in the case.
fbe301e6701a6690ff12e2df2448ef7d.jpg

93ea87889ab6c07e6d9718b13adf35ea.jpg

375443baf16cdadd072daed2c6f8b793.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alex8023

FNG
A good candidate for the lightest reading glasses are stick-on reading glass lenses ( e.g. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08WB4M6JM/ ). They can be used on sun glasses or shooting glasses.

An even better option is to use one of such stick-on lenses on only one lens (dominant eye one?) of photochromic sunglasses (e.g. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=photochromic+sunglasses ).

In the latter arrangement, the photochromic sunglasses provide UV and visible light protection for eyes during the daytime, with the reading glass lens partial field of view in one of the eyes (enough to check the GPS/map/range finder/scope turrets/D.O.P.E. card). The same glasses become clear in the evening, still providing the partial field of view with the reading glass lens in at least one of the eyes.

These:

You can find them cheaper, this is the first link that came up when i googled it for ya.:)
My wife has used those for years and loves them
I unfortunately need a very different prescription from left to right eye so I can’t

alex8023

FNG
The lightest are called "Contact Lenses"
The lightest are called "Contact Lenses".
Contact lenses will obviously work for those who need permanent vision correction. Most people who use reading glasses usually use them to see the objects near them (~1 foot distance), and they take the reading glasses off to see the objects at further distances. Are there contact lenses that are useful as a replacement for reading glasses?

alex8023

FNG
In my opinion, being able to see is well worth the weight of my clic readers.
Do you wear your clic readers attached to the sunglasses? shooting glasses? photochromic sunglasses? It would be appreciated if you could share the specific make/model of these clic readers and the arrangement that works for you.

Gen273

WKR
Do you wear your clic readers attached to the sunglasses? shooting glasses? photochromic sunglasses? It would be appreciated if you could share the specific make/model of these clic readers and the arrangement that works for you.
I use the standard clic reader that goes around my neck; that way I don't lose them. I have lost so many other types of readers in the mountains that it is not funny. Again, they are not necessarily lightweight, but always having them and being able to see is worth it for me.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, 1.23 Oz in the case or lose the case and take it down to .6 Oz......... I personally leave them in the case , I mean look at that case...... it has deep scores all in it ha!ha!!
I use the same ones; case is very protective and the glasses stay on your head unlike many of the ones that only attach to your nose. They come in all powers. For roughly an ounce they are the best solution I’ve found. I have one pair that is more powerful than I need to read, that are reserved for fly fishing-just what the doctor ordered. :D

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
I took a pair of readers this year to read at night in my tent, somehow they survived while only being in a soft case but I will definetly look into the fold up ones like AKlongbow showed. My eyesight started deteriorating at about when I was 45 doing online Bible courses, now at 53 I have readers everywhere!

I'm thinking Rokslide scrolling is definitely contributing to their further demise..... :geek:!