Light weight vanes?

CoStick

WKR
Historically used ffp 360 vanes, looking to see if there are any lighter weight vanes in 3 fletch for fixed heads worth trying. Thank you

I shot those vanes for a few years, honestly think they are hard to beat. I have switched to Bohning Heat vanes. They are slightly lighter, not anything significant, but stiffer and to someone who can actually hear, she says they are quieter in flight.

Been really surprised how well they steer fixed blades for me.

Honestly in my opinion, not too much to gain in vane weight. The difference in a heavy vane versus a light vane is only a few fps, I guess it helps foc, but I don't worry too much about that. Make sure I have enough, after that, it's all gravy.

Zac

WKR
I agree that any change will provide minimal benefit. However you could try Tacs, a lot of people have had issues with them. However for me they have been very easy to work with.

Sinko

FNG
I used the Q2i 2.3" griff vanes last year. These are quiet and worked well with my wasp Drone broadheads. For what it's worth I switched to the 3" version this year. I've not seen any benefit and I like them both.

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
I shot q2i 2.1 fusion x-ii for a while, great vanes for fix. They are quiet, low profile and light. Also if you are building your own these are probably one of the easier gluing vanes I have used. Shooting vpa single bevel, stinger 2 blade, and cutthroats. The only issue I had was when they got warm could warp. Shooting all way into a target sometimes they get stuck out of shape. Didn’t effect flight imo but it happen.

Switch to bohning Heat vanes. They are significantly quieter then most other vanes I used. They are stiff and low profile. Control my fix blades the best for being a low profile. Can be little difficult to glue up sometimes if using a helical but just letting them sit a little longer they hold great.