LH Tikka Roughtech or Lite Veil

Spikefrb

FNG
tikka hasn't made the cool new models in LH yet. i complained to them at SHOT show about it and they said it's because of supply chain issues. i told them i wasn't impressed. supposedly they WILL make left handed versions of the roughtechs and veils etc...they just couldn't tell me when.
Well...they're certainly not making many...but mine just came in. Backordered for 5 weeks.
LH T3X Lite Veil Wideland

Spikefrb

FNG
Dang - you guys are killing me. No word yet on my 6.5 PRC. :cry:
Ha!
No offense meant, but it's the Creed rage that has made it so difficult for the rest of us. 6.5's fly off the shelf, so that's what they make. Good business sense...but, tough on the rest of us , especially regarding new models. And, before the whippersnappers jump in...yes...I'm old...I shoot (mainly) outdated pepaw .270 caliber rifles. I'm not the "cool" guy.
However, in my defense (actually, more in defense of the historic .270), I HAVE taken scores of game with them from coues deer to 1800 lb Eland.
Good luck on receiving your new rifle...you're going to love it.
Spike

No offense taken. I have been shooting 30-06 exclusively, but I have recently decided that I would like to try a new cool kid caliber with less recoil and solid ballistics. Hence the 6.5 PRC catching my eye, and it's also a great excuse to buy a new rifle. I tend to agree with you regarding .270. It's interesting to see how many guys insist that you need a big .30 cal for elk, but the .270 has been stacking big bull elk for decades.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
I'm seeing LH tikka Veils and Roughtechs appear at my distributors. Was afraid I was going to convince myself to pay the extra to get the Veil since the Roughtechs hadn't appeared yet but thankfully rep called me this morning to say he had one I could snag. Should be up and running well before antelope opens! Yee haw

I'm seeing LH tikka Veils and Roughtechs appear at my distributors. Was afraid I was going to convince myself to pay the extra to get the Veil since the Roughtechs hadn't appeared yet but thankfully rep called me this morning to say he had one I could snag. Should be up and running well before antelope opens! Yee haw
I’m seeing some as well. If you run across a LH veil wideland in 6.5 prc please give me a shout. Thanks!

davsco

WKR
diff between the veil and roughtech stocks, and the complete rifles? the roughtech looks grippy, is the veil just a camo pattern on the black/smooth basic t3x stock? any big feature differences? thx.

BAKPAKR

WKR
diff between the veil and roughtech stocks, and the complete rifles? the roughtech looks grippy, is the veil just a camo pattern on the black/smooth basic t3x stock? any big feature differences? thx.

I was told that the Veil is stainless steel, while the Roughtech is not. I haven’t actually seen that in the specs though.

NDGuy

WKR
I can’t believe I’m just now coming across this thread. I’m getting one of these stat!

I love the look and feel of these over my original T3