Lems summit boots waterproof

jpmulk

WKR
Thought others looking for a zero drop boot may be interested in these. BLUF: they are great for me.

I got these in the mail the night before 6 days of elk hunting. I put 60ish miles on them in a week in mountain terrain.

I was pleasantly surprised at them.

Traction and tread: very good traction and tread. Wet conditions on rocky terrain and through deadfall. Side hill and steep terrain. They kept me on my feet.

Comfort: very comfortable boot. Protected my feet from sharp rocks while still moving with my foot. Enjoyed the large toe box and zero drop. All day comfort.

Waterproof: this is my only low grade on the boot. Right boot did ok. Left seemed to have a leak out of the box. A few days were very wet with rain and my feet would probably have been wet no matter what. For an early season boot, it didn’t bother me. Snow conditions might be a bigger annoyance. Will need to test that still. But my feet were wet a lot.

Price: found these on sale for 156. Tough to beat the price. I will probably keep wearing these for how comfortable they are and the pricepoint

Durability: after 60 miles off trail they look as good as new. Long term still to be determined. But for the price, so long as they make it a year of average/hard wear I’ll be happy.

Those who like a light minimal boot, you might give these a look. Id rate them at 4.5 out of 5 stars for my purposes with only knock being the waterproof issue.

(I ordered a pair of vivo trackers prior to these boots and did not like them nearly as much for hunting purposes. The trackers sole was separating after one hike in one spot. Felt rocks way too much for elk hunting. price is much higher. I returned them and bought the Lems.)