Leica geovid 3200.com vs pro 10x42

So I am in the market for some rangefinding binos, I think, and I see that the pro is available now in a 10x42. Wondering if anyone knows all the differences between the two? Is everything pretty much the same other than some onboard weather sensors and applied ballistics? Looked like the pros may have a slightly smaller field of view also. I don’t believe they are out to the public yet but wondering if any one has been able to try a pair or knows much about them? Also, I have a pair of slc 10x42 now. If anyone has experience on glass quality between them that would be helpful also. Love my slc, but I did notice when looking through a pair of older model, maybe 2700, that the glass in my slc seemed a fair amount brighter. But I didn’t do a thorough test but may at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I checked with our Leica tech rep and he replied :

"Everything is the same (optics, mechanics, laser) except the chip set, which provides better ballistics, Bluetooth and GPS performance, plus a slight change to the rubber armor that results in a profile/shape change so insignificant, I have yet to see it. The performance differences will be all the same features we brought in the PRO 32 will now be available in a 42mm size."

Wrench

WKR
Not to derail, but has anyone found the harness that won't pull off the lens caps yet not be oversized?

Not to derail, but has anyone found the harness that won't pull off the lens caps yet not be oversized?
Sorry, I never use lens caps with my harnesses (Alaska Guide Creations)… my harness has worn really well (it does show the heavy use) but my binos still look new…

Just a plug for their harnesses even though I don’t know about pulling off caps.

CMarchant

FNG
Does the applied ballistic work the same as the 3200’s? I’m trying to decide if they are worth the added expense. Did the blue tooth get an upgrade or did they just add the gps feature?

Okie84

Lil-Rokslider
I checked with our Leica tech rep and he replied :

"Everything is the same (optics, mechanics, laser) except the chip set, which provides better ballistics, Bluetooth and GPS performance, plus a slight change to the rubber armor that results in a profile/shape change so insignificant, I have yet to see it. The performance differences will be all the same features we brought in the PRO 32 will now be available in a 42mm size."
Are you still only allowed to store one rifle profile at a time on the binoculars or has there been software updates that will allow the user to store multiple rifle profiles on the 10x42’s?

parshal

WKR
Does the applied ballistic work the same as the 3200’s? I’m trying to decide if they are worth the added expense. Did the blue tooth get an upgrade or did they just add the gps feature?
Pros use AB. 3200's use their own solver.