Leica amplus rifle scopes

Elite

WKR
Wanting to pull the trigger on a new scope for my rifle build. Wondering if anyone has some real world experience with this scope? I can only find 2 review videos and they are advertisements and I found one scope review on here. Looking for good reliable tracking and glad clarity and a nice moa reticle? No where local has one to inspect before ordering one

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are excellent. Glass is really nice. Turrets are nice. I’m honestly a little surprised they haven’t taken off. If you can find one around $1200 I don’t think there’s anything out there that compares.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
They are excellent. Glass is really nice. Turrets are nice. I’m honestly a little surprised they haven’t taken off. If you can find one around $1200 I don’t think there’s anything out there that compares.

That is what is kinda is worrying me. On paper the specs look good and Leica has a good reputation.

GS66

FNG
I favour the Amplus 6 3-18x44 as it's more compact, and has 130 MOA (37MILS) of elevation adjustment, whereas the 2.5-15x50 only has 15 MILS of elevation adjustment, and is longer and bigger.

I can’t add much except I did a lot of research on them last fall and didn’t find much of anything negative about them. I almost bought a 2.5-15x50 and probably should have. But ultimately went with VX5-HD to save several hundred dollars. I may still end up with one though.

kipper09

WKR
I’m really intrigued. Leica glass has great glass. The scope looks and has the specs. I would like to see form get ahold of one. I think I read their customer service was pretty questionable. But no experience so I can’t make that call.

KenLee

WKR
I favour the Amplus 6 3-18x44 as it's more compact, and has 130 MOA (37MILS) of elevation adjustment, whereas the 2.5-15x50 only has 15 MILS of elevation adjustment, and is longer and bigger.
any idea the elevation adjustment on the 56mm versions?

KenLee

WKR
I’m really intrigued. Leica glass has great glass. The scope looks and has the specs. I would like to see form get ahold of one. I think I read their customer service was pretty questionable. But no experience so I can’t make that call.

I had an issue with a ER5 about 4 yrs ago. Had a new one back in couple weeks.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR

Must be something with the marketing of them?

KenLee

WKR
I honestly don't think there is any active marketing in the US of Leica hunting scopes.
I would have never known they existed without this and similar forums.
I've never looked through any scope at last light as good (to my eyes) as my Magnus. The illumination on it is also better and easier to use than any scope I've used. This includes a Z8i.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
I honestly don't think there is any active marketing in the US of Leica hunting scopes.
I would have never known they existed without this and similar forums.
I've never looked through any scope at last light as good (to my eyes) as my Magnus. The illumination on it is also better and easier to use than any scope I've used. This includes a Z8i.

I definitely think that is the problem just no marketing for them over here. I can’t seem to find any bad reviews. I might have to just buy one and see

KenLee

WKR

I'm clumsy as heck and have dropped my Magnus 56mm on many occasions. I'm talking dropped onto treated lumber on most occasions. Dirt a couple times. It has held zero. I've never laid eyes on an Amplus though.

JakeM51

FNG
Which version reticle are you using?
Does the dot illumination turn down low enough to not be overwhelming at absolute last usable light?
Thanks
Yes, and so far I love the dot, it's a tiny precise dot.

I have only mounted it up but so far I like it.
I got the 2.5-15x56 MIL. Eye box is great and the clicks are as good as the NF NXS.
FOV is huge, at 2.5 I can see the barrel.

Looking at the zero stop it looks just like the Trijicon that Fourm tested.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR

There warranty seems good from what I have found
1b8ce9c1defe6900e403d51ff680cc47.jpg