LED Lantern

nebhunt

WKR
Going to make the switch to battery powered lantern for this next hunting season. Needing your advice on what lantern you would get for a wall tent/base camp lantern.

From /r/flashlight, there is a pinned message linking to a great arbitrary list of recommended lights. The Sofrin BLF LT1 is mentioned bc of its "4x18650 lantern with Anduril and variable color temperature at 90 CRI. USB-C charging and powerbank functionality."

Seems pretty awesome but 800 max output lower than your desired output.

I been using a Tough Light 1000LR at camp and home for 3 years. It works great and lasts many nights on medium setting which provides enough light for my 12x16 cabin. The longest I have run it without recharging is 6 days. I guess I had it on about 6hrs a day. I always keep it on medium or low. It was still just as bright on the last day as the first.

One odd feature is that it has a flashing red light that serves as a locator beacon so you can find it in the dark. I put a piece of electrical tape over it. Many people think the red light is telling them the battery is low but thats not the case.

I am going to buy another from Amazon if they go on sale. I don't really need another one but I could put one on the front porch and one inside and save moving it back and forth. I think I paid around $85 for it.

Waterproof and very durable.

intunegp

WKR
I've been using a Streamlight Super Siege for a few years and I love it. Super heavy duty/durable, waterproof, floats, can be used as a power bank, and 36 hour run time on low and almost 6 hours on high. White or red light. Comes with wall charger, car charger available as a cheap add on. It's nice to have both.

"Only" rated for 1100 lumens but it is plenty bright. I'd put it up against any Walmart/hardware store lantern rated for 2000 because these ratings are often highly inaccurate. It's the highest quality rechargeable lantern I've been around. If I was looking for an alternative I'd look hard at something like the Fenix CL28R...not exactly a lantern but could function the same for this use case.

It comes with a 180-degree cover so you can light only one direction or remove it for 360. You can also remove the entire globe and expose the bulb. Carabiner clip on the opposite side from the handle so it can be hung globe up or down. Small storage compartment in the bottom, I keep a USB-C in there in case I need to charge my phone off the lantern.

The Milwaukee one has worked awesome for years. Bring my standard drill battery. Has USB for charging devices.
1717682419692.png