Leave Deer to Find Deer?

I've been hunting a basin my buddy and I call the "Buck Bowl" due to the 33 different bucks we have glassed in there all summer. There were two real heavy, probably older than 4 year old bucks in there, but I have seen hide nor hair of them since the archery opener in August. The issue with this otherwise magical place is that it's right off the main road, and plenty of people hunt it. The opener of the rifle hunt is two weeks away, and I have a feeling there are just as bucky but less crowded pastures somewhere. Should I focus my efforts elsewhere, or should I stick with the deer and area I know really well?

I think the answer would be in the question; what have bucks in previous years done in that little basin of yours?

OP
G
I think the answer would be in the question; what have bucks in previous years done in that little basin of yours?
Haha that's a great question, historically I have just bowhunted this basin, past the middle of September I have no idea!

Haha that's a great question, historically I have just bowhunted this basin, past the middle of September I have no idea!

Okay, then it's a matter of choice or decision making, a roll of the dice. Go with your gut, because odds are that none of us on this forum, other than yourself, have been in that specific basin.

Obviously you are after specific bucks you have seen in the basin in the past. The question is are they still in that basin, or have they moved to a better hidey hole. Not knowing the area, I can't determine one way or the other. I have seen both situations, meaning bucks going nocturnal, and bucks moving, usually not far.