Lathrop and Sons Custom fit package

SDHNTR

WKR
Anyone used L&S's customization service? What do you get out of it? From what I can tell they use factory boots so what is custom about it? Worth the money?

I just completed the 3D mapping imprints and sent them back so I am not sure if I can answer completely. The selling point for me is I have very high arches and boxy toes. I can try 20 pairs of shoes of varying sizes before finding what works. Lathrop can take my impressions and know what boot will and will not work with my foot saving a lot of time and aggravation. They can also can custom mold the boot to help with the fit if needed. I spoke with Stephen and felt pretty confident going forward. They keep this info on file so in the future you can just call up and order without the hassles. After finding out they offer gym and dress shoes it was pretty much a no brainer. Once I get through the process I can left you know more. I'm pretty sure Aron did this so hopefully he'll chime in or you can PM him.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Interesting. Keep me posted. I didn't understand the mapping if they just put you into a production boot.

ceng

Lil-Rokslider
I'm curious about this as well. Is the cost for mapping a deposit against a boot purchase? They say against a "system" but not sure what that means. Is it still a system if you don't buy extra insoles and $100 sock packages? It would seem that the 3d mapping would kind of be like going to a boot shop and having a good boot fitter look at your feet and recommend some boots to try on. I'm not sure of the added value except being able to do that not in person. I couldn't find a solid answer on what the cost would actually be either on their webpage. I called and got someone who didn't know and told me to call back a different day. If anyone could fill in with their experience and how the pricing works I would appreciate it.

Thanks. Jake

Fixitman

Lil-Rokslider
I was in the market for new boots so I tried them out. Steve L was great to work with explained every thing well answered all my questions and was not pushy for the sale. I did the imprints as well. You get the cost of them back with your first order. Steve recommended 3 different boots that he felt would work best for me and made suggestions for socks as well. I bought the whole package boots,inserts,liner socks and socks and could not be happier. Just spent 10 days in Montana on a backpack elk hunt walked in 6.5 miles and walked a total of over 35 miles and never had even a single hot spot. Friend of mine bought boots at cabelas and just about had to be carried of the mountain after the 2nd day feet looked like hamburger. He has now called Steve and is getting the imprints as well !
I would highly recommend giving Steve a call ya it's not cheap but neither are tags and time away from work. If you can't walk you can't hunt !