Last Minute Gear Items; Check Your List Twice

What are you adding or replacing at the 11th hour? I just replaced my 3L Camelbak with a 3L UL Platypus when I discovered the Camelbak leaking on my antelope hunt a couple weekends ago. That’s the 2nd Camelbak that has leaked in 15 years. Not a dig on Camelbak. I’m hard on gear and I probably just wasn’t careful enough. How bout you? Are you scrambling for anything?

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a pair of tire chains this weekend after seeing how much rain we've been getting. Hoping I don't need to break them out, but I'd rather have them and not need them!

Luked

WKR
For me it was my pack. Im looking to get something other than what I thought was going to work well.
Packed mine all up and did not care for it at all.
So im looking to switch packs but i still got a few weeks before we leave.

John87

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a pair of tire chains this weekend after seeing how much rain we've been getting. Hoping I don't need to break them out, but I'd rather have them and not need them!
Same here, I ordered 2 sets of Z-Chain cables, I’ve been told the road to the area I’m headed for 1st Rifle gets pretty bad and chains are required.

OP
trophyhill
Aired up my sleeping pad last weekend and put a sandbag on it overnight to check for slow leaks...it was dead flat by morning. Fortunately I have a second pad that did pass the leak test.
2 years ago I had a Sea to Summit Ether Light that would be pretty flat each morning. I went back to Xped last year with a 9R rating. Great for truck camp but bulky and heavy in the backcountry, so I bought another Xped with a 2.9R value. The green one for this years backcountry excursions into the bush.

My tags are still on my bathroom counter. They go in my bino case. I see them every morning and think that I need to make sure I get them in there.

manitou1

WKR
Yeah... thanks for the reminder. I need to throw mine in the truck.

manitou1

WKR
I've checked three times to make sure all my tags are in my pack. I mostly day trip, so there isn't a lot of stuff to double check.
Ha! I am so OCD that my tags go in a baggy and into my bino pack the day I receive them. Been carrying them all summer, lol.
Bear, mtn lion, any elk, cow/calf elk, antelope and muley.
Man, I need to get busy!

TX_Diver

WKR
I have a brand new pair of boots in the truck... And 3 old pairs. They are a backup to the backups based on some blisters I've been fighting.