Last Day OTC Archery Success Stories Please!

Feeling pretty darn down, hunted a ton this month had some really close calls, gotten into elk at least 6 days including 4 this week while it seems like the peak-rut has definitely kicked up here in Northwest CO. Hoping to hear some success stories to get me motivated for the morning, thanks!

S7even

FNG
In 2022 on the last day of otc archery up here in Idaho. I hunted all day without hearing any bugles. I had pretty much given up and was walking down the mountain back to the vehicle and decided to do one more bugle. A bull answered so I started his direction. I couldn’t tell exactly where he was so I cow called and he answered fairly close to me. I set my pack down and started sneaking up there and when I accidentally broke a stick with my foot, he stood up out of his bed at 30 yards with his head behind a tree and about a 5” window to his vitals between a couple trees. I couldn’t see his antlers at the time but since it was about 30 minutes before dark on the last day of the season I drew back and shot him. When I walked up on him in the dark, it was a surprise that he was a nice six point for the area and my biggest bull so far.

OP
nwcogreene
In 2022 on the last day of otc archery up here in Idaho. I hunted all day without hearing any bugles. I had pretty much given up and was walking down the mountain back to the vehicle and decided to do one more bugle. A bull answered so I started his direction. I couldn’t tell exactly where he was so I cow called and he answered fairly close to me. I set my pack down and started sneaking up there and when I accidentally broke a stick with my foot, he stood up out of his bed at 30 yards with his head behind a tree and about a 5” window to his vitals between a couple trees. I couldn’t see his antlers at the time but since it was about 30 minutes before dark on the last day of the season I drew back and shot him. When I walked up on him in the dark, it was a surprise that he was a nice six point for the area and my biggest bull so far.
Thanks Man, Hoping I can still make something happen, tomorrow is the last day of the season.