Landscape design

Beendare

WKR
Rows of Raised boxes built from Redwood or cedar is probably your best bet….don’t used the PT that is common in the Home Depot type stores…its poison.

Built some raised beds this evening. We put a few things directly into the ground though. Just bought this place in the spring. I’ll be putting up a 12x16 green house in the next few weeks I was told though.

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
For a garden, why would a simple rectangle be less appealing? I would think the biggest eyesore would be an overgrown garden, regardless of how well it was designed.

Consult with a local plant nursery to evaluate soil, growing region, plant types, and garden purpose. Generally they throw in free design services if you buy all the plants from them

ToolMann

WKR
Four decades of Design build here in Ca…recognized as being the best in the state.

There are so many more factors than just Function and Aesthetic. A master planned yard will work and look better even if done in phases.
Whats your budget? Our design work starts at $5k and most pro’s will charge at least that much- in our area Anyway.

Beware, There are many hacks in the landscaping field….easy to get a business license…not easy to get a LA lic.
I could give you some quick advice if I saw some photos
I'm an LA and can attest to licensure not being easy to get 😁

Assuming that you'll be doing your own maintenance and gardening, keep that in mind and build for efficiency of the tasks that are less enjoyable.

I own a landscape maintenance company and it blows my mind how many so called "architects" design landscapes that are so inefficient to maintain. We always joke that landscape designers should have mandatory credit hours working for a landscape maintenance company. The disconnect is ridiculous.

Another thing I see in my day to day is the fact that homeowners and designers alike, must forget that plants grow!! Don't pack them in too close just because they're small now.
Kind of like when engineers are allowed to run amok on designs :ROFLMAO: