Lake Trout Recipes

I cannot eat fish allergic to em, but you could do them like a old timer carp recipe, plank em then throw the fish away and eat the plank.

Netherman

WKR
When you traffic in the amount of lake trout that I do you start to sound like Bubba Gump.

There's deep fried lake trout, pan fried lake trout, blackened lake trout, grilled lake trout, baked lake trout, lemon pepper lake trout, garlic pepper lake trout, cajun lake trout, smoke lake trout, smoked lake trout dip. that's about all the ways there is to eat lake trout.

I'd take your favorite salmon recipe and give that a shot. Not sure what subspecies they have on the WI side but on my side of the lake we've got three. In order of oilyness you've got white, orange, pink/red meat. I'll try and smoke the whites and bigger fish, deep fry the orange, and more salmon style preparations with the pink/reds. With that said I've mixed and matched as well.

actually read the thread and can't believe I missed lake trout tacos. We blacken the fish and make mango habanero salsa to go with it. 1.5 cups diced mango, 1 habanero (seeded if people don't want too hot), 1/4 bunch cilantro finely chopped, and 1-2 juiced limes. This also goes well with venison tacos.

OP
hunt1up

hunt1up

WKR
When you traffic in the amount of lake trout that I do you start to sound like Bubba Gump.

There's deep fried lake trout, pan fried lake trout, blackened lake trout, grilled lake trout, baked lake trout, lemon pepper lake trout, garlic pepper lake trout, cajun lake trout, smoke lake trout, smoked lake trout dip. that's about all the ways there is to eat lake trout.

I'd take your favorite salmon recipe and give that a shot. Not sure what subspecies they have on the WI side but on my side of the lake we've got three. In order of oilyness you've got white, orange, pink/red meat. I'll try and smoke the whites and bigger fish, deep fry the orange, and more salmon style preparations with the pink/reds. With that said I've mixed and matched as well.

actually read the thread and can't believe I missed lake trout tacos. We blacken the fish and make mango habanero salsa to go with it. 1.5 cups diced mango, 1 habanero (seeded if people don't want too hot), 1/4 bunch cilantro finely chopped, and 1-2 juiced limes. This also goes well with venison tacos.
These were all the orange meat variety. I appreciate all of the ideas.