L.L. Bean Hunter’s Carryall- Setup/Mods

Good morning ,

My wife and kids were generous enough to get me one of these a few Father’s days ago.

So far I’ve used it for family outings and a few weekend hunting trips.

When hunting I run it with a M.E.C. hydration daypack along the back and with a bag from an old frame pack, from my Boy Scout days, on top. I just strap my sleeping bag to the bottom which works for my short hike into camp.

I have seen the other threads and the rocket pouch mod to the “wings” but I was curious to see what others have done to theirs and how they set it up.

I definitely want to add removable pouches to the wings but in additional would like to add some kind of lid/ pouch.

Thanks in advance for everyone’s replies

W.M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowelk

WKR
You'll likely need to come up with custom solutions. Pods8 of Rugged Stitching is a Rokslide sponsor whose work is highly regarded. He could likely build you what you are looking for.

Good morning ,

My wife and kids were generous enough to get me one of these a few Father’s days ago.

So far I’ve used it for family outings and a few weekend hunting trips.

When hunting I run it with a M.E.C. hydration daypack along the back and with a bag from an old frame pack, from my Boy Scout days, on top. I just strap my sleeping bag to the bottom which works for my short hike into camp.

I have seen the other threads and the rocket pouch mod to the “wings” but I was curious to see what others have done to theirs and how they set it up.

I definitely want to add removable pouches to the wings but in additional would like to add some kind of lid/ pouch.

Thanks in advance for everyone’s replies

W.M.

I've ran the carryall several years for whitetail hunts in Georgia. Love that thing. I've packed many whitetail out on it as well as use it to carry my stand instead of the cheap straps they come with. Makes a heavy climber or a lock with steps fairly light to pack deep in the woods. Makes a descent day pack as well. Haven't made any mods to it, but definitely following any who have. For the money it has been a great pack.

Attachments

• 20171025_114301.jpg
    20171025_114301.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 69
OP
W
I've ran the carryall several years for whitetail hunts in Georgia. Love that thing. I've packed many whitetail out on it as well as use it to carry my stand instead of the cheap straps they come with. Makes a heavy climber or a lock with steps fairly light to pack deep in the woods. Makes a descent day pack as well. Haven't made any mods to it, but definitely following any who have. For the money it has been a great pack.

That’s the addition my bean is definitely missing. So far all I’ve managed to do it take my bow for a few nice walks in the woods.

I’ve been very impressed by it’s versatility and know it’ll serve me well, with a few strategic mods, for a lot of years to come.

OP
W
Good morning,

After going down the rabbit hole of reading other posts for ideas I’ve settled on the following solution

-use 10-15l dry bags with some kind of attachment points
-looking for longer (skinny ones)
-attach them to the D-rings on the side of the frame with clips
- not sure which clips, depends on attachment points
-run them between the “wings” and straps on the load sling so they don’t shift and bounce around
- ultimate goal my L.L. Bean Nomad

I think I’ll use the clip idea for the lid solution. Who knows maybe in the future I’ll take up sewing and make my own custom pouches.

Thanks
W.M.