Kuiu wind pro fleece jacket?

2531usmc

WKR
If you really want to stop the wind, you pretty much have to go to Sitka. I have a fair amount of Kuiu for insulation and it’s great in that role. But i’ve never been happy with their wind blocking performance

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
Unless you want something new, yes.

As far as Kuiu wind blocking apparels goes, IMO:

Peloton 240 for “active“ hunting/hiking. Has similar wind resistance to the Gude DCS. My go to wind resistant active layer.

Guide DCS has similar wind resistance to the Peloton 240 but is heavier, bulkier and therefore warmer. Good for minimal exertion efforts less than a mile. Basically a great truck hunting jacket. Exterior is semi quite And seems to have some water resistance to it.

Axis hybrid, Windproof. Most wind resistant of the 4 compared. It is micrfleece lined so you’ll melt if your doing anything other than sitting. It is also a very noisy fabric. Great for glassing or a tree stand.

WindPro….best to light your fireplace, get some hot cocoa, dim the lights and set the mood, it’s super soft and comfy. A sure winner to lure “her” in. But don’t dare wear that crap outside. You’ll think you accidentally slipped into some fishnet pantyhose.
Sounds like it's a midlayer marketed as an outer.

I was hoping that it would be something that could be combined over say a kania puffy to match the proximity wind resistance and insulation. I like a nice later system because then all the prices can be used individually for other applications

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Erictski

FNG
I was hoping the WindPro would take the place of my fanatic Lite. The fanatic lite doesn’t block wind either. Guess I’ll go with the guide jacket. Just want a bit of wind blocking for earlier season hunts before I go to the proximity