Kuiu jackets

Which jacket is best for a camp/casual wear jacket?
Would like something warm enough to hold up a little below freezing temps and do ok in light rain/snow.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ILIKEGEAR

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
We would recommend the Elements or the Base Camp Ripstop depending on which style you like better. The Ripstop is heavy and durable where as the Elements is lightweight and comfortable. Both are warm.

We do a Review + Raffle on Basecamp Jackets and the Elements is among the top chosen for camp wear amongst our winners.

OP
M
We would recommend the Elements or the Base Camp Ripstop depending on which style you like better. The Ripstop is heavy and durable where as the Elements is lightweight and comfortable. Both are warm.

We do a Review + Raffle on Basecamp Jackets and the Elements is among the top chosen for camp wear amongst our winners.

How warm is the base camp?
It looks thin online.

Guide is ok. Wish mine was a solid instead of camo. Actually don't wear it hunting most of the time, but it's a great camp and casual wear jacket IMO.

OP
M
Guide is ok. Wish mine was a solid instead of camo. Actually don't wear it hunting most of the time, but it's a great camp and casual wear jacket IMO.

I’ve thought about that as well just not sure if it’s worth the extra $ for a camp jacket.

the element is great i wore it walking around downtown Chicago in single digit wind chills and was fine i got the hoodless version

I’ve thought about that as well just not sure if it’s worth the extra $ for a camp jacket. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine was a gift. I had it in my wishlist(Mistakenly) and my wife bought it for me. For early season stuff we do, it's actually a bit heavy once you work up a sweat. I do wear it treestand hunting, early to mid season in Oklahoma. Nice gear, just not suited to how I am set up. If we get a really cold morning in elk country, I'll wear it, but it usually just ends up in the pack eventually.

OP
M
Mine was a gift. I had it in my wishlist(Mistakenly) and my wife bought it for me. For early season stuff we do, it's actually a bit heavy once you work up a sweat. I do wear it treestand hunting, early to mid season in Oklahoma. Nice gear, just not suited to how I am set up. If we get a really cold morning in elk country, I'll wear it, but it usually just ends up in the pack eventually.

I plan to get a guide jacket at some point for hunting. They look nice.

Axis is good, but I do find that to be a layering jacket. It's not necessarily super warm on its own, but with the right layers underneath, it's great and I use it all the time in somewhat cold weather - 30's to 40's.

BCsteve

WKR
Axis is good, but I do find that to be a layering jacket. It's not necessarily super warm on its own, but with the right layers underneath, it's great and I use it all the time in somewhat cold weather - 30's to 40's.
How's the fit of the Axis? I find the Guide pretty tight for layering, especially in the arms.

How's the fit of the Axis? I find the Guide pretty tight for layering, especially in the arms.
I find that my Axis jacket allows for some layers - I can comfortably wear 2-3 layers if needed. It's still a form-fitting jacket by nature, though. Without layers, it looks normal and isn't too baggy, which is good because I purchased to be an around town jacket as well. Arms aren't too bad, but I will say that the wrists are where it gets kind of tight. When layering, I find myself opening up the wrists all the way and wishing that they had just a little more space - but not at all a deal breaker.

BCsteve

WKR
I find that my Axis jacket allows for some layers - I can comfortably wear 2-3 layers if needed. It's still a form-fitting jacket by nature, though. Without layers, it looks normal and isn't too baggy, which is good because I purchased to be an around town jacket as well. Arms aren't too bad, but I will say that the wrists are where it gets kind of tight. When layering, I find myself opening up the wrists all the way and wishing that they had just a little more space - but not at all a deal breaker.
Thanks. I find it odd that they are marketed as an "athletic fit" while a regular guy like me has a hard time layering, especially in the arm area. An "athletic" should have bigger arms then me!

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
I got a Kenai jacket for Christmas and really like it. It is extremely lightweight and comfortable but also warm. I like it so much that I may pick up another in a solid color for wearing every day.