Kuiu Hip Quiver Review, By Cindy Sandusky

Looking to purchase my first hip quiver. Which one would y’all go with?

What are you looking for in a quiver?

How much stuff do you intend to carry, what are you using it for (field, backyard practice, indoor, competitive 3d), will you have anything else that you are also carrying possibles in.

I really like my Kifaru, but it's in how you use it. I hate tube's that shafts rattle in, and I like stuff not bouncing off my leg as I walk like a traditional rigid hip quiver. At bigger shoots, I also carry a stool so I can carry more, lot of guys like the Push quiver as it has more storage. I have added a release pouch and a water bottle pouch on top of the 2 pouches from Kifaru. I know several guys who prefer to not use a quiver and just use a release pouch and carry a stool for 3d and field.

I don't have any personal experience with the other "soft" quivers available, i.e. the Push or Kuiu, but I suspect they are all similar in use just slightly different arrangements and carrying capacity.

Solid review. I havent used the Kuiu, but I have used the Kifaru and the Marsupial modular quiver. Sold the Marsupial, and then picked up other version Marsupial recently put out (tournament quiver). And that one, is the way to go in my opinion. All of the rest were just too floppy, and the leg strap on the Kifaru just didnt seem to do much besides create friction. I still use the Kifaru, and its a solid option. The newer Marsupial is rigid in the belt loop and stiffer throughout.....so it doesnt flop around while you walk.

It doesnt have a bottle pouch like the Kifaru, but Im sure you could attach one directly to the belt if you wanted to go with the Marsupial. The kuiu looks like a pretty similar design to the Kifaru.

Attachments

• IMG_5733.jpeg
    IMG_5733.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 18
Solid review. I havent used the Kuiu, but I have used the Kifaru and the Marsupial modular quiver. Sold the Marsupial, and then picked up other version Marsupial recently put out (tournament quiver). And that one, is the way to go in my opinion. All of the rest were just too floppy, and the leg strap on the Kifaru just didnt seem to do much besides create friction. I still use the Kifaru, and its a solid option. The newer Marsupial is rigid in the belt loop and stiffer throughout.....so it doesnt flop around while you walk.

It doesnt have a bottle pouch like the Kifaru, but Im sure you could attach one directly to the belt if you wanted to go with the Marsupial. The kuiu looks like a pretty similar design to the Kifaru.
The leg strap on the KUIU can get annoying too. I like it when I'm carrying a heavy load to keep the quiver from flopping around. However, most times I just leave it unclipped.