Kuiu Attack Pants

Kanooper

FNG
What are your thoughts/reviews of these pants? How is the fit? I’ve heard that you should get one size up from your usual size.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Usual size solid comfortable and durable pant my first purchase when kuiu first launched and still going

Mudd Foot

WKR
Bought my first pairs in 2014. Still going strong. These are true-to-size (34) for me despite having squat quads and hind end. The gusseted crotch helps. IMO, one of the best fitting, most comfortable hunting pants available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple of pair and like them a lot. Hip vents are money.

I bought a pair of pro pants earlier this year and based on those, I think kuiu slimmed down their fits. Unlike those above, I needed to size up to get the attacks to work for me but I really liked the fit once I got it right. Pro pants and I think the newer attacks are a bit slimmer.

dakotaduner

Lil-Rokslider
Sizes have run true to my jeans sizes. Like them so much I wear them at work
I think they are a little warm and would like to try any of their lighter warm weather pants.

I used them this spring turkey hunting and really liked them. My turkey hunting is all run and gun on public land, no sitting in blinds. I wore them in temps that ranged from 40-70 and thought they worked great in that temp range without even a baselayer. The hip vents were effective in the warmer temps for me.

Sizing wise i feel like they fit almost exactly the same as the wrangler outdoor pants i have.

I did feel like the dwr coating on mine didnt work and they soaked through quickly . But i bought both of my pair used on here so they likely need to be recoated. Overall i love the fit and features of these pants.

Anybody know how they fit compared to wrangler/cinch jeans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
K

Kanooper

FNG
Awesome. Thanks guys for the replies so far. I’m gonna place an order today. I have a moose hunt starting in 3 months and trying to upgrade some gear.

8 pair of Attacks, starting in 2011 and the most recent pair is 2019. They do fit slightly slimmer with the 2018 and 2019 versions but still match my blue jean sizes. Love them in camo for hunting and solids for everyday wear.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Mine for true to size.

I love the attacks and wear them almost daily for work as well as outdoor stuff.

Cole

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know if the gunmetal is sold in 34 shorts?
Yes they sell Attacks in gunmetal 34 short. I own a pair. Kuiu’s sizing is a little funky though. If you have muscular thighs you’ll probably have to size up an inch or two. I normally wear 32s.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
they fit really slim in the butt/thighs for me, and the next size up the waist was way too big. As others have said the hip vets are to die for. Durability wise they're really prone to snags. I've been using mine hunting in Iowa and Nebraska the last couple years now and they're littered with snags. I only wore them shed hunting a couple times cuz I hated to completely shred a $140 pair of pants the first season. Other than the lack of durability in Midwest berry/rose bushes they're 100% awesome.

Agree on the snag thing. Worse than any other brand I wear - prana, Sitka, first lite. Probably my biggest grip about these pants, apart from the fact that their fit is getting skinnier...and I am not.

barrister

WKR
I've bought a few pairs in the last year, so my experience is recent. I buy the short inseam version and I like the short rise on the pants in addition to the inseam. They do fit tight in the hips/butt area. I had to size up for them to work. I just cinch a bit with a belt.

rclouse79

WKR
I think they have a nice fit and love the vent zipper, but the durability leaves much to be desired. After two archery seasons mine have multiple holes worn through the fabric and I have had to sew rips.

Superdoo

WKR
To all the guys who say they fit true, add your waist sizes please.
I'm 6'2" and weigh 180 lbs. Normally I wear pants in a 32 waist. If I order KUIU pants in a 32 waist the waist fits great but they hug my ass and thighs the way I hug my wife's ass and thighs! They also (because of the low ride) give me a very visible "moose knuckle."
If I go up a size the waist is too big, but I at least don't feel like I'm wearing the leather pants from my days as an exotic dancer!