KUIU Attack Pants Size Question

charvey9

WKR
I'm a 32 waist, and just got a pair of 32 attack pants. They fit well, but are snug. As they are right now I don't think I could comfortably layer much underneath unless they stretch a little as they get worn. Based on the fit, I ordered a pair of the Tiburon pants in 32 because I'll only be using those when it is really warm and won't need to layer. I will likely need to layer underneath the attack pants. For those that have worn them, do you think they will stretch a little or should I go up to a 34?

My Sitka ascent pants fit pretty much the same way when they were new or fresh out of the dryer, but as soon as I would get hiking around they would loosen up a little and it was easy to layer underneath.

The attacks loosen up a bit, my tiburon have not stretched at all, that being said I size up in all Kuiu.

I don't know if my attacks loosened at all. They are snug but stretch enough for me to put a pair of merino bottoms under them. I also have Tiburons in the same waist size but they fit slighly looser for me. I think this is intentional due to the 2 way stretch compared to the 4 way on the attacks.

PMcGee

WKR
I normally wear 32" waist but I got the attacks in 34" and they fit perfect.

TEmbry

WKR
I size up in Kuiu as well. Wear a size 34 in all pants but get 36 in Kuiu (even have one pair of 38 to be able to layer under heavily for winter stand hunting).

boom

WKR
have you tried them with your layer?

i got attacks that were returned to the shop. the lable said they were too small to be 36..and there was a "35?" on the label. they fit just a tad loose on me. my jeans are 34. i took them home and put on my merino tights. good to go! having said that, i find the attack pants gosh darn warm, and will probably never need the merinos.

OP
charvey9

charvey9

WKR
have you tried them with your layer?

i got attacks that were returned to the shop. the lable said they were too small to be 36..and there was a "35?" on the label. they fit just a tad loose on me. my jeans are 34. i took them home and put on my merino tights. good to go! having said that, i find the attack pants gosh darn warm, and will probably never need the merinos.

Yeah. I tried them on with my merino and super down pants just to be sure, and I'm afraid they are just a little to tight. 33 would probably be perfect, but guess I will go with 34 and wear a belt if needed.

GFY

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with those that said they need to size up with Kuiu. I find this especially true in the pants, I have been a 34 waist pant for the last 15 years. The first pair of kuiu pants I received in 34 I had to sell to a buddy, replaced them with a pair of 36's and couldn't be happier.

TD1

FNG
Gotta watch the sizing in regular (civilian?) pants. I read an article once where many companies that make jeans and such begin to up-size their size a bit as the baby boomers started to age and up-size as well.... but didn't want to admit to needing a larger size. All started with women's wear but apparently they found the psychology applies to men as well. Anything with "relaxed fit" in it is definitely up-sized.

rm06

WKR
Canadian sewn Attack pants I can get away with a 34 comfortably. Those sewn overseas, a 36 is bordering on too tight throughout the seat and legs, waist seems true to size.

I wear 34/36 in jeans

BigSurArcher

Banned
Gotta watch the sizing in regular (civilian?) pants. I read an article once where many companies that make jeans and such begin to up-size their size a bit as the baby boomers started to age and up-size as well.... but didn't want to admit to needing a larger size. All started with women's wear but apparently they found the psychology applies to men as well. Anything with "relaxed fit" in it is definitely up-sized.

Yes, the phenomenon is called Vanity Sizing. Most Americans identify their waist size with what they wear in jeans. There are very few jeans companies who don't use Vanity Sizing, which casts a misconception upon the general public with regards to their true waist size. Companies started doing this more and more beginning in the 1960s, in order to make customers feel better about their bodies.

KUIU does not use Vanity Sizing, they use True sizing. So does KUIU run small, or do jeans just run big??

KUIU Attack compared to Ariat Jeans in the same size... Attack measures 32", while the Ariats actually measure considerably larger.

321_zps89560836.jpg

32_zpsc692e12a.jpeg

OP
charvey9

charvey9

WKR
I found the attack pants to be a true 32. If they were every day pants they would have fit just fine, but would have been a little too snug with multiple layers underneath so I went with the 34 and a belt. They still fit pretty good.

krossh

Lil-Rokslider
Man I wish I would have seen this a month ago.. I wear 33 or 34 in jeans so I went with 34 attack pants. They fit but they are really snug. So much so that I don't think I could comfortably move around in the mountains. I'm going to go with 36's.