Kuiu 97 Zip-T Hoody - Durability?

xcutter

WKR
Has anyone had any trouble with the durability of the Kuiu 97 Zip-T Hoodie? I ordered one on there last sale and when I received it had pulled threads where the hood and shirt body join. Kuiu customer service is sending me a replacement. Just curious if this piece has issues when in use as it seems delicate.

Hmmmm. Following. I bought a set that is supposed to land soon. A few of the comments I read here said it wasn’t super brush resistant but was crazy warm for its weight. Somebody said it was their favorite kuiu piece. dang. In a time of liars, I thought rockslide was the one source of truth.

BBob

WKR
I've owned one for 4-5 years now. If it's not on it's in my pack and it's used often as a second layer during snow season. It's thin, it's light but I haven't had issues with durability within reason. I don't blindly bash it through stuff but I haven't been overly careful either. Sleeves are a little pilled if I remember but nothing I ever worried about. It's usually worn under another layer so it's somewhat protected.

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
I've owned one for 4-5 years now. If it's not on it's in my pack and it's used often as a second layer during snow season. It's thin, it's light but I haven't had issues with durability within reason. I don't blindly bash it through stuff but I haven't been overly careful either. Sleeves are a little pilled if I remember but nothing I ever worried about. It's usually worn under another layer so it's somewhat protected.
Same as above. One of my favorite pieces and is almost always my base layer for whitetail hunting. I certainly wouldn’t go through an overgrown clearcut with just it on but ive been pleased with durability

chocolab

Lil-Rokslider
Bought one a couple of years ago. Tried it on and sat on my couch. Had a couple of fabric pulls from busting couch brush. I may try it again but can't really see how it would last hunting. I realize some tears and pulls are inevitable, just expect it takes more than a sofa to cause them. Others sound like it's fine. YMMV

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve owned six of them. Two appeared to be from the same production run and had sloppy stitching along the hem. The other four were fine. General durability is that it will get pulls easily but none fell apart. Think somewhere between a merino and a standard weight fleece.