Kuiu 5200 as a day pack

I have been researching and debating over which new pack to get. I would love something that can cinch down tight to my back when mostly empty for day trips and be used as a good day pack with the potential of using it for an overnight trip up to 3 nights. I didn't like that the 3200 didn't have as many pockets or I would consider it; I feel like it is about the perfect size. Does it have enough compression straps to strap down a deer/elk head or some shed antlers? Does the load sling carry meat well in a regular game bag or do you need more of a dry bag? In the end does the 5200 fit what I am looking for? Can anyone give the the dimensions of this pack when empty and when full? Thanks.

Hungarydog

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 7200 and 3200 bags, the 3200 is perfect for day up to 2 or 3. It does have side compression straps as well as 2 across the front of the pack that can be used to attach stuff (like horns) on the outside. If no one answers sooner I can get dimensions when I get home.

AZ Vince

WKR
The 5200 is my one pack for day hunts up to 7 days.
It cinches down to nothing and gives me the expandability I need.

CoHiCntry

WKR
I'm sure it would work as a day pack. I went down this same road and found I much prefer having a designated day pack when the hunting allows for it. IMO, once you cinch it all down to daypack mode it's hard to get into any of the pockets and takes forever to get to anything. I also didn't like wearing a big ol frame type pack when a daypack would suffice. I can usually stuff at least on quarter or more in any daypack, then head back to the truck for the frame. Just another opinion...

kyle1112

WKR
I run the 5000 and like other have said it compresses to nothing but gives you the option to pack an animal out in a full size pack instead of a small day pack. All that comes with me during days is kill kit, snacks and water.

kickemall

WKR
Its just right for what your wanting to do. My one recommendation is when using it solely as a day pack is to pull the lid off it and leave it. You'll still have ample pockets and room to put whatever your carrying in. The load shelf works fine with meat bags as long as you don't mind blood on things. I never have liked meat shelfs though and just dry bag or garbage bag it and in the pack it goes.

OP
fuzzyvelvet
Thanks for all your comments; I appreciate them. I gladly accept any other opinions you might have. I am still leaning towards the 5200 but the 3200 might be nice to have. Any other comments on not being able to get into the pockets when its cinched down to day pack mode? I would appreciate those dimensions if you have them. Any dimensions on the 3200 as well? Thanks.

Hungarydog

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry I didn't get to this last night, I got home late. The dimensions of the pro 3200 are roughly main compartment 25x11x6, top front 8x8 and spotting scope pocket 18x8, for reference I can put my whole camp in the main compartment with room to spare for 3 days worth of food.