KRG Spigot?

I am going to go down the KRG Bravo road again. I had a minimalist spigot on one I had before. It made for a steady platform, but I am considering skipping the spigot. What are the benefits of the spigot and does it make a noticeable difference vs just mounting a bipod on the forestock?

cjcavinaw

FNG
I think the only benefit of the spigot is more stability based on the bipod being further out front. I ran my bipod on the chassis itself (with the krg arca rail) for quite awhile and it worked out great for me.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Benefit of spigot is more stability because:
1. Longer radius between support points when bipod is mounted further forward
2. Raises the actual or implied axis of the 2 bipod legs which generally makes things more stable. If you look at a lot of LR focused bipods you can see some designs that try to raise this by making the apex of the legs or implied apex of the legs higher (atlas CAL, TBAC, Elite iron). It makes things a little more stable but certainly not required.

I have one bravo with a spigot and one without. I like shooting bipods with the spigot better but have no issues on the one without. The main downsides are weight and putting a bipod further forward makes it harder to manipulate the bipod settings which could more than negate the benefits of the spigot in dynamic situations.

Edit to add: another benefit of a spigot is it creates more space on the fore end for resting on props/bags or clamping to a tripod head. Also, Bravo's are pretty ass heavy unless you've got a pretty heavy barrel - moving bipod further forward moves the balance point a little further forward.

Last edited:
@wind gypsy basically covered everything. I got an ARCA spigot for my Whiskey-3 that I'll be trying for the first time tomorrow. I've seen a lot of people say it makes a decent amount of difference.