Knife sheath options

Scoot

WKR
I recently got an Argali Carbon knife as a gift. I really like the knife! The sheath is fine, but it seems like I should be able to find a smaller, lighter, still safe sheath for the knife than the kydex sheath that comes with it. Is there such a thing? It's definitely not a huge deal, but I'm wondering if there's something that takes up less space (the kydex just seems a little bulky and clunky) and still protects the knife/me?
Thanks!
Scott

def90

WKR
I recently got an Argali Carbon knife as a gift. I really like the knife! The sheath is fine, but it seems like I should be able to find a smaller, lighter, still safe sheath for the knife than the kydex sheath that comes with it. Is there such a thing? It's definitely not a huge deal, but I'm wondering if there's something that takes up less space (the kydex just seems a little bulky and clunky) and still protects the knife/me?
Thanks!
Scott

Is what makes the kydex sheath klunky is that it’s designed to be strapped to a pack or a belt? If so you could probably find a kydex maker online that either has a premade sheath if it’s a popular knife or have one made. The alternative is to make a kydex sheath yourself.

I thought about having a new kydex made for my argali as well. A kydex taco sheath with a thinner sheet of kydex would be somewhat lighter than the factory sheath. To keep it light use minimal grommets and the least overlap possible. You could also drill small holes in the sheath to further lighten it. If you want even lighter then duck tape and cardboard would work too.

Last edited:

rayporter

WKR
SHE21_180.jpg

you can get various sheathes here and then treat them yourself. i wet mine and formed it to the knife.

fshaw

WKR
Kydex taco would be the only option I could think of. They’re not too hard to make yourself and a sheet of kydex would give you enough material for some experimentation.