Kimber rifle accuracy- Post MOA guarantee

piercfh

FNG
I found this thread searching online. Didn't bother to back up and read that it wasn't started by

MTWop.....​

I want a Montana in .270 soo bad. If you reconsider selling yours let me know and we'll get in touch.

schmalzy

WKR
They are up on euro optic for preorder right now. That is the timeframe they gave me but they did say tentatively.

Looked for this on euro optic and couldn’t find it but I might have just missed it?

Checked kimbers website and they show the mountain ascent in some new camo stocks. For the life of me I can’t understand why they can’t just make green stocked montanas again. They shoot great, look sharp and we’re reasonably priced. Feel like the camo stocks are a fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: OMB

WormSportsman

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been watching the europtic ones for a bit and have a notification on one. I just use their search and punch in Kimber Montana, scroll past the first few hunters it brings up and they have some Montanas listed.

Looked for this on euro optic and couldn’t find it but I might have just missed it?

Checked kimbers website and they show the mountain ascent in some new camo stocks. For the life of me I can’t understand why they can’t just make green stocked montanas again. They shoot great, look sharp and we’re reasonably priced. Feel like the camo stocks are a fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piercfh

FNG
There is a .270 mountain ascent on gun broker right now. I would spend the money in a heartbeat on a Montana, but $600 extra for a little camo. I just cant bring myself to pay that high of a price.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
There is a .270 mountain ascent on gun broker right now. I would spend the money in a heartbeat on a Montana, but $600 extra for a little camo. I just cant bring myself to pay that high of a price.
Mountain ascent also has a fluted barrel, bolt, bolt know and extractor. But yeah I agree with you. I have a Montana and a mountain ascent and I dont really think the mountain ascent is worth the extra $$$

MTWop

Lil-Rokslider
I found this thread searching online. Didn't bother to back up and read that it wasn't started by

MTWop.....​

I want a Montana in .270 soo bad. If you reconsider selling yours let me know and we'll get in touch.
I’m kicking around building a custom rifle, but won’t plan to sell the 270 until I know it shoots. It’s hard to rationalize selling a really accurate lightweight rifle. I’ll keep you posted if I end up selling. Good luck with your search!

VernAK

WKR
I agree but I'd bet the new Montanas will be near or at current Mountain Ascent prices.

OMB

WKR
Mountain ascent also has a fluted barrel, bolt, bolt know and extractor. But yeah I agree with you. I have a Montana and a mountain ascent and I dont really think the mountain ascent is worth the extra $$$
I picked up a 6.5CM Montana in 2020 for $1100, and turned down a 270 Win for $1k. Between that and missing out on any of the Barrett Fieldcraft offerings, I have major lightweight rifle fomo. Hurts a little bit more every time a manufacturer drops a new $2k rifle that feels like a boat anchor at 8+ pounds bare.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I picked up a 6.5CM Montana in 2020 for $1100, and turned down a 270 Win for $1k. Between that and missing out on any of the Barrett Fieldcraft offerings, I have major lightweight rifle fomo. Hurts a little bit more every time a manufacturer drops a new $2k rifle that feels like a boat anchor at 8+ pounds bare.
I got my mountain ascent 300 win mag from a guy here for 1100.00 back in 2020 or so. That is one of the better scores I’ve had. I got my Montana 308 for around the same price. I just recently saw a Montana 6.5 creedmoor on gunbroker for 1300, that seemed like a good deal.

piercfh

FNG
I've moved on from 6.5. My interests are in what I can shoot with available components and ammo. There's tons of cool calibers in the Montana, but hell you cant buy brass to load for them, and a box of 20 will cost you an arm and a leg.

piercfh

FNG
Yes plenty of ammo and components for 6.5, but I'd rather have .270 or even .308. Saw a .243 Montana on Cabela's used guns. Talk about a great ladies or kids rig!