WTB Kimber Mountain Ascent

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looking to buy a Kimber Mountain Ascent in .270, or 300 WM.

308 was found, thanks!

If you have one let's make a deal.

Last edited:

MTWop

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have a Kimber Montana 270 win I might be willing to part with. Shoots sun MOA with factory Barnes ttsx and Nosler Accubond. It’s threaded with a muzzle break. Let me know if you’re interested

cboomert

FNG
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Saw a mtn ascent in 7-08 on a used gun rack today at a local retailer. PM me if you want to give them a shout. No idea if they'd ship.
Don't want to step on OP but would be interested in knowing price and location on that if OP not interested. Thanks!

mt100gr.

WKR
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Don't want to step on OP but would be interested in knowing price and location on that if OP not interested. Thanks!
Haven't heard from the OP, but have received a few PMs for the info. I passed it along to the first in line. Perhaps he can share the outcome.

OP, I hope you track down the exact rifle you seek!

OP
S
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Saw a mtn ascent in 7-08 on a used gun rack today at a local retailer. PM me if you want to give them a shout. No idea if they'd ship.
Haven't heard from the OP, but have received a few PMs for the info. I passed it along to the first in line. Perhaps he can share the outcome.

OP, I hope you track down the exact rifle you seek!

Sorry for the delay, family and holidays. Not a caliber I'd be interested in, but I thank you for giving me a heads up and helping out others that asked!

I have a 270wsm w/ 90+rds of Terminal Ascent and another 70 or so of Winchester 130gr bonded plus 30mm talleys

Thank you for the response. Interesting caliber but the ol .270 is what I am looking for outside the 308 and 300wm.

I am sure you will have a few pms of individuals trying to take it off your hands though!

OP
S
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There's a .300 on Long Range Hunting classifieds.
I appreciate the heads up. I have spoken to the owner (has the rifle listed here as well I believe).

Some confusion if it/is not a Subalpine or a version of Mountain Ascent. I have no idea, what I do know is based on pictures the barrel is fluted but the bolt and bolt handle are not. Looking for a full on Mountain Ascent, either original stock configuration or if stock got painted, don't care in 270, 308 or 300wm. Would like one of each but tough to find one.

Thank you!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I appreciate the heads up. I have spoken to the owner (has the rifle listed here as well I believe).

Some confusion if it/is not a Subalpine or a version of Mountain Ascent. I have no idea, what I do know is based on pictures the barrel is fluted but the bolt and bolt handle are not. Looking for a full on Mountain Ascent, either original stock configuration or if stock got painted, don't care in 270, 308 or 300wm. Would like one of each but tough to find one.

Thank you!
The chances of finding a mountain ascent in 300wm are so slim right now that there’s no way I’d pass on that subalpine if I wanted a 300wm.

Even when Kimber was at full production back before the pandemic, the 300wm mountain ascent was difficult to find. It took me 2-3 years of looking before I got mine. I would have been just as happy with a subalpine, you could get a fluted bolt handle later on.

cruizer

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I would like to give a special Thank you to mt100gr, for supplying me with the name and tel# of the dealer who had the MA in 7mm-08. After inquiring about the rifle, they sent me numerous pictures including any flaws on the rifle. The worst flaw was a couple of stains on the bottom side of the butt stock. In talking with mt100gr, who actually saw the rifle, he thought maybe it sat in a wet leather rifle scabbard and the wet leather stained the stock. It really isn’t that bad in my opinion.
The other problem was, it has the muzzle brake on the barrel, but they did not have the thread protector that comes with a new rifle. I’m hoping I can pick one up from Kimber CS.
Based on the serial #, the rifle was manufactured in July, 2016.
Thanks again mt100gr. This is just another example of what makes this such a great Forum.
Good luck to the OP, I hope you can find a MA in the caliber you’re looking for.

OP
S
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The chances of finding a mountain ascent in 300wm are so slim right now that there’s no way I’d pass on that subalpine if I wanted a 300wm.

Even when Kimber was at full production back before the pandemic, the 300wm mountain ascent was difficult to find. It took me 2-3 years of looking before I got mine. I would have been just as happy with a subalpine, you could get a fluted bolt handle later on.

I agree and it's definitely a good price(price you got on yours was a bit better if I recall :) The MA won't go the way of the fieldcraft I hope so I am willing to hold out a bit.

I would like to give a special Thank you to mt100gr, for supplying me with the name and tel# of the dealer who had the MA in 7mm-08. After inquiring about the rifle, they sent me numerous pictures including any flaws on the rifle. The worst flaw was a couple of stains on the bottom side of the butt stock. In talking with mt100gr, who actually saw the rifle, he thought maybe it sat in a wet leather rifle scabbard and the wet leather stained the stock. It really isn’t that bad in my opinion.
The other problem was, it has the muzzle brake on the barrel, but they did not have the thread protector that comes with a new rifle. I’m hoping I can pick one up from Kimber CS.
Based on the serial #, the rifle was manufactured in July, 2016.
Thanks again mt100gr. This is just another example of what makes this such a great Forum.
Good luck to the OP, I hope you can find a MA in the caliber you’re looking for.

The members on this forum truly are showing up beyond my expectations. I am glad it worked out for you! I will add my 280AI with the optifade I did refinish without issues, so always an easyfix if the stock is in good shape.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I agree and it's definitely a good price(price you got on yours was a bit better if I recall :) The MA won't go the way of the fieldcraft I hope so I am willing to hold out a bit.

The members on this forum truly are showing up beyond my expectations. I am glad it worked out for you! I will add my 280AI with the optifade I did refinish without issues, so always an easyfix if the stock is in good shape.
Yeah I got my mountain ascent for an absolute steal even at the prices at the time, I thing spring of 2020.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just received a MA in 300wsm that I found thru a member here after a lot of searching and 1 scam attempt. Even if you’re super specific about the caliber you want, with some patience you’ll find it.

RS3579

WKR
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I’d love to find the ascent or subalpine in 300WSM. I thought about the 300wm but I’m already stocked with WSM ammo.