Kimber Hunters on sale at Cabelas

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
Friendly FYI for you guys, the 6.5 Creedmoor and 30-06 Hunters (tan/stainless) are on sale for $679 at Cabelas. I almost caved and bought one of each, but I went and stared at the guns in my safe that already cover the use(s) I'd buy them for, and I don't have enough money to buy them "just because." I figured someone here would find that to be a good deal.

OP
PsRpOiGrRiAtM

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
Right?!? I've been fighting the impulse for 24hrs, and figured that if I'm that tempted then a lot of other guys on here would appreciate the heads up.

The only thing that brought me back to reality was picking up my Bergara Mountain 2.0 6.5 PRC and my Howa Superlite 6.5CM. Both of them have me covered and shoot so well that I'd be buying the Kimbers solely because it's a deal (2023 resolution is to be better about that.)

BigSky

WKR
t4s, Those Bergara Mountain Rifles are exceptional, in my opinion. I really wish they would not have ceased manufacturing them in 7/08 and 280 AI.

Sorry for the thread drift and bump for the heads-up on a really good deal.

grfox92

WKR
It says you can order online and ship to your nearest cabelas.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

OP
PsRpOiGrRiAtM

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
My screen showed the 6.5s and the 30-06s available to order all the way up until I posted this thread--interesting. Now the 6.5 is completely gone from the page, and only shows the -06 as "wishlist" or "select stores only."

For that price, I might have bought one of the 30-06s just to build off of.

In regards to dealing with Cabela's, I guess I have gotten lucky that the last two that were close to where I lived (St. Louis, MO and Greenville, SC) the guys at the gun counter were pretty good at getting me taken care of quickly. I have gotten three really good deals on used guns there (2 in STL and 1 in GVL) over the last 3 years. The only place I have gotten better deals is through the forums I frequent.

OP
PsRpOiGrRiAtM

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
I suppose you're right, the one here in Billings isn't THAT bad, but still not great deals to be had and I've never had a longer firearms checkout process than there. Admittedly, they've got me hostage with their credit card--I keep swearing that when I pay it off I'll get myself a Scheels one or Sportsman's Warehouse one.

Fatcamp

WKR
I suppose you're right, the one here in Billings isn't THAT bad, but still not great deals to be had and I've never had a longer firearms checkout process than there. Admittedly, they've got me hostage with their credit card--I keep swearing that when I pay it off I'll get myself a Scheels one or Sportsman's Warehouse one.

That checkout is a killer. Holy cats, never again.