Kifaru Xing+duplex HC4800 Or Bikini Mountain Warrior?

So I've had a xing and duplex highcamp 4800 for a while now. Seems I could get the best of both worlds (lighter and a similar bag) if I just got a bikini frame and a mountain warrior.

I use the xing for lighter loads and the duplex highcamp for longer trips and/or more weight. No surprise there. No trips are above 80 lbs pounds though.

Any of you guys make the same move? Thoughts?

ETA: Could someone take a picture of a xing next to a mountain warrior if they have both?

Last edited:

Curtis C

WKR
I'm in the same situation as you with an xing and a hc 4800. I've had the same thoughts about consolidating into the MW on the duplex. I think you will find the MW is very similar in size to the 4800. In the end I don't think that size pack will serve my xing use very well. I've been watching that Antero thread to see if the MW and Antero might be a better combo for me. We'll just have to wait to see.

OP
R
I remember reading that the mountain warrior is 4800 ci, not including the front pouch on the panel. So yes it is bigger than the HC4800 and xing, but compressing it shouldn't be an issue. Also, I run 24" stays so the size between the 22" xing is about the same in that regards too.

The xing with omni-belt weighs a little more than the bikini/composite/mountain warrior combo too.

I'm struggling to find a reason to keep my xing with this logic.