KIFARU WOOBIE

UWneptune308

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have one? I’m thinking of buying one to compliment my sleeping bag and wondering if it is worth it. On the site it mentions using it as a sleeping bag liner. I don’t have the cash to shell out for a warmer bag and the idea of a multi use woobie is extremely attractive to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbehredt

WKR
I’ve used mine as a sleeping bag liner with good success. Easily turned my 15 bag into a single digit bag a couple Octobers ago. It goes along on every car camp and late season glassing hunt.

Excellent purchase. Used as a bag liner to boost temp rating, stand alone blanket for outdoor recreation, spread out as a family ground cloth, lightweight cover in my hammock, travel blanket when necessary. Own 2 and have zero regrets.

OP
UWneptune308

UWneptune308

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used mine as a sleeping bag liner with good success. Easily turned my 15 bag into a single digit bag a couple Octobers ago. It goes along on every car camp and late season glassing hunt.

So it can “button up” ? In the pictures I can see the loops I was just wondering if there’s a way to close it up

OP
UWneptune308

UWneptune308

Lil-Rokslider
It is really nice. But for me, huge and heavy. It packs down and weighs the same as my 15 degree WM bag

Wow. Fortunately I’ll be on horse back so a little extra weight isn’t a deal breaker. Good to know tho!

OP
UWneptune308

UWneptune308

Lil-Rokslider
Excellent purchase. Used as a bag liner to boost temp rating, stand alone blanket for outdoor recreation, spread out as a family ground cloth, lightweight cover in my hammock, travel blanket when necessary. Own 2 and have zero regrets.

Awesome to know!

id_jon

WKR
I use mine standalone in the summer all the time. Got rained on with no shelter due to being an idiot a couple weeks ago, woobie kept me warm and I was dried out by morning.

Both wooden and double. Bulky but warm has saved multiple day hunts glossing on cold windy points. I just drape it over my sleeping bag to give some extra insulation.

OP
UWneptune308

UWneptune308

Lil-Rokslider

Do you have the woobie or the doobie?

Drenalin

WKR
I had one of these and sold it, now you guys have me thinking of picking up another one and maybe adding stick-on toggles and loops from ZPacks to be able to wrap it around me and "close" it up a little.

WRM

WKR
I have an MLD 38 degree quilt which is similar, but lighter. If you have a down bag, you want to overbag with synthetic, not line your down bag. That will move your dew point in subfreezing weather from your down out into the synthetic layer, which is where you want it. I use it over my EE 10 degree quilt and can sleep in low single digits to below zero (air temp, with significant wind added in) in an unheated Cimarron.

MLD will put a head slit in their quilt so you can wear it as an overwrap for glassing and such.