Kifaru vs exo k4 vs stone glacier

Kybosh27

FNG
I'm in the market for a new do everything pack from day hunts to 7-10 day backpacking trips. What do ypu all recommend? I'd prefer one solid frame that will actually last and not break after a year or two of use.
If you can swing it I’d recommend ordering all the packs you’re interested in. Throw some weight in them and go for a walk to see what feels best. It’s the only way to know without second guessing. You can’t go wrong with any of those companies as they all make fantastic packs.

sacklunch

WKR
Ove had packs from most of the top tier companies, kifaru (tac frame), kuiu pro, 1st gen Exo and for the last 3 yesrs, SG x-curve.

I tried the Exo K3 2 years or so ago now and while it fit great and alot of the features were a win, I just felt my SG handled the weight better from am off balance, less shifty kind of feel. Stepping over logs, the K3 felt to shift more with heavy weight on the load shelf.

Not sure if any else experienced that but curious if the K4 addressed that

Not sure if any else experienced that but curious if the K4 addressed that
Prior to k4 I had always thought that was the one place my kifaru was better with really heavy loads… it felt good with weight but not as stable side to side and it was easier to lose your center of gravity. The k4 will lock in and not sway… cinch everything up tight and it has that solid stability and feels connected.

I personally think exo completely killed it with k4, it’s my favorite pack I’ve worn and by a fair margin

ljalberta

WKR
I’ve had them all. They all do certain things better for me and have their owns strengths and weaknesses.

I have a huge love for Kifaru as a company, but if I could only have a single pack, it would be my SG Terminus.

That being said, I’ll probably use my K4 more than any other pack this year by a long shot.

TxFrog

FNG
I have not tried the new k4 yet but.. once i left the Stone Age old Barney’s frame i tried a Kuiu pack.. the small 2300 is great for pack workouts but a big no for anything else and the big packs just plain suck. Went to a kifaru hoodlum with light gram and absolutely love the durability of every component and how modular it is.. it absolutely leaves other packs behind in that area but after two years and multiple animals i just can not get it to fit right. I have to reef it so tight i can’t breath and it either causes back or hip pain and makes me walk stooped over. Bought a stone 6900 last winter and so far it’s been great. Not even close to the durability of kifaru but hasn’t failed so.. the Velcro straps have me worried but have not let me down. All that being said try all three. Biggest thing is nothing will make 100+ lbs comfortable or easy.. you just have to pick the one that makes 100 lbs suck the least…

I have not tried the new k4 yet but.. once i left the Stone Age old Barney’s frame i tried a Kuiu pack.. the small 2300 is great for pack workouts but a big no for anything else and the big packs just plain suck. Went to a kifaru hoodlum with light gram and absolutely love the durability of every component and how modular it is.. it absolutely leaves other packs behind in that area but after two years and multiple animals i just can not get it to fit right. I have to reef it so tight i can’t breath and it either causes back or hip pain and makes me walk stooped over. Bought a stone 6900 last winter and so far it’s been great. Not even close to the durability of kifaru but hasn’t failed so.. the Velcro straps have me worried but have not let me down. All that being said try all three. Biggest thing is nothing will make 100+ lbs comfortable or easy.. you just have to pick the one that makes 100 lbs suck the least…
You would be surprised at how durable the SG packs are. I’d say they are right there with the Kifaru. The strap attachment also worried me when I first got it but no more. It just plain works and I love the simplicity of adjustment. Check out their videos where they torture test that stuff. Pretty incredible strength. The first SG I got was an evo as I don’t have a curved back. It was just ok. Tried the Xcurve and was blown away how comfortable.