Kifaru slick 0 degree

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered a new kifaru slick 0 degree back. Hi I British Columbia Canada where it can get quite wet and I wanted a good Synthetic bag. Anyone have one and give me some good feedback

moximouse

Lil-Rokslider
I have one. I’d say it’s “good not great.”

Because it is synthetic, the thing is a monster. It is hard to pack to a reasonable size. Because of this, it’s not a great backpacking bag unless you have a large volume pack.

It’s very warm, but can feel a little clammy. I also think the velcro around the neck can be uncomfortable at times. The lack of ability to unzip around the feet when it’s warm really relegate the bag to cold weather only (not super flexible).

I have not yet had a chance to really test the comfort boundaries temperature-wise.

moximouse

Lil-Rokslider
It has a reasonable use-case in the military, when you may be sleeping in gear and need to get up and out rapidly.

For hunting and general use, I agree it is not practical and because of the velcro closures can be downright uncomfortable.

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
I have one, it is bulky, I use a compression sack it helps. It’s plenty warm for me. I sleep cold. I do like to keep a Marino layer on when I sleep in it. I don’t like the feel of the fabric against my skin. The Velcro doesn’t bother me.

Fellow BC’er here, I have a 20 degree, plenty warm for me I have pushed it just below temp rating (let’s talk Canadian, so roughly minus 7 Celsius) with a merino layer I was still warm. This past season sheep hunting it was way to hot and didn’t have the rain fly on the tent, and I was a long ways a way, a quick 1 hour rain squall came through and soaked the bag, was still wet when headed to bed and dried up nicely through the night. Velcro doesn’t bother me, my only complaint is I wish the zipper went further down the bag. I’m sure it’s a weight savings thing. Not a deal breaker but harder to let a leg out to cool down if I’m too warm. Like stated above it doesn’t compress as nice as a down and is heavier. But I’ve been in enough wet situations that I’d prefer the synthetic.

I use mine anytime I do a truck camp and have packed it in. 4th season rifle in CO was right around zero and it kept me warm with my base layers on and a beanie for the head.