Kifaru Shape Charge Discontinued?

Hey all,

I'm looking to purchase a Kifaru Shape Charge, but the Kifaru website doesn't list any bag options to choose from to add to cart. When I started my shopping I could choose the color (at the time multicam or ranger green) but now there is nothing in the space just the price of the bag listed at the top. Is it safe to assume they are just out of stock for the moment and will update supply or are they being discontinued? I was going to contact Kifaru directly (it's the weekend and I doubt they are open), so thought I would ask here for those of you more familiar with Kifaru. Thanks.

bj00pb

FNG
I've been exploring the SC as well, and noticed the same thing. I already own a few things from Kifaru, and like to browse their site occasionally. I cannot speak directly for them, but my 1st thought when I saw what you saw is that they're out of stock right now. I've noticed from time to time this kinda happens with a few of their items. Looking at the reviews under the SC... some were posted not long ago, and although that doesn't mean much... I'd be patient and check back. Best of luck and hope this helps

ncavi8tor

WKR
That would suck because I really love my SC with Sherman Pocket for scouting trips!!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The website needs help and I believe they are working on it. Sometimes items are removed then they pop back up. Not sure if the SC is discontinued but I would just give them a call on Monday.

ChrisAU

WKR
Highly doubt they are discontinued, extremely popular bag for them. Probably just sold out which happens a lot. Last summer you could sell used Shape Charges for more than new ones cost.

pirogue

WKR
The shape charge is definitely not discontinued! We are currently sewing up another batch. They are our #1 EDC bag and won’t be going away anytime soon.
So speaking of sewing, are you going to sew a handle on the TOP of the bag? Don’t understand how the video promotes tree stand hunting with it, when you can not quickly and quietly hang your pack against a tree to achieve minimum silhouette, without a handle being on the top. Same thing with the revamped Antero2. Looks like Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder picked out the handle location on these.

WBrim

WKR
The shape charge is definitely not discontinued! We are currently sewing up another batch. They are our #1 EDC bag and won’t be going away anytime soon.
These look like they’d be great edc. Ive been using an echo for a little over year, and keep thinking maybe I should bump up to the SC.

But the echo with my welding hood was perfect getting thru airports this week.

Attachments

• ABE16657-A5C4-41BA-A770-6F08FFF568B9.jpeg
    ABE16657-A5C4-41BA-A770-6F08FFF568B9.jpeg
    423.4 KB · Views: 78

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
So speaking of sewing, are you going to sew a handle on the TOP of the bag? Don’t understand how the video promotes tree stand hunting with it, when you can not quickly and quietly hang your pack against a tree to achieve minimum silhouette, without a handle being on the top. Same thing with the revamped Antero2. Looks like Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder picked out the handle location on these.
The Shape Charge was never designed for the Whitetail hunter when it came to life. But it is a big whitetail selling pack. so this info defiantly does help. i'll pass it onto Bender.

CB4

WKR
The $5 handle they sell is the fix. That way you can still attach a lid if wanted while having a handle as well. To sew in a handle seems like it would only increase production cost for little in return.

pirogue

WKR
The $5 handle they sell is the fix. That way you can still attach a lid if wanted while having a handle as well. To sew in a handle seems like it would only increase production cost for little in return.
The handles are already sewn in on the Shape Charge and The Antero2. They’re just not on top, like the position of handle on the original Antero

CB4

WKR
The handles are already sewn in on the Shape Charge and The Antero2. They’re just not on top, like the position of handle on the original Antero
Correct. I think the original guy who brought it up wants the handle in the back to make it easier to hang from a tree. Where it is currently at you can't have it hanging and access the inside at the same time.

pirogue

WKR
Correct. I think the original guy who brought it up wants the handle in the back to make it easier to hang from a tree. Where it is currently at you can't have it hanging and access the inside at the same time.
Correct.

pirogue

WKR
Yikes, another 10% jump.
They have to keep the R&D guys employed. Either discontinue a well liked favorite and turn out a new product, redesign something that doesn’t need it, or hike price on existing bags.

jbs121s

FNG
I'm also waiting for the Shape Charge to come back in stock. Does anyone know how the color availability works? RG seems to be the standard. I know they used to come in other colors and I'd prefer coyote or wolf.

The Shape Charge is in stock. Kifaru is only making packs in RG at this point. Aron said something a while back about potentially having limited runs on cb/mc, but cb/mc were discontinued as standard options.

jbs121s

FNG
The Shape Charge is in stock. Kifaru is only making packs in RG at this point. Aron said something a while back about potentially having limited runs on cb/mc, but cb/mc were discontinued as standard options.
Thank you, I didn't know they stopped making the other colors as regular offerings.
I was looking for a sherman pocket awhile back and was directed by kifaru customer service to black ovis who bought out the remaining stock of coyote and multifamily sherman pockets.