Kifaru Pals belt on Minikeg?

worx53

WKR
Anyone know if you can put a pals belt on a mini keg instead of the Duplex belt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Negative Worx, not without modification. You will need a patch of hook velcro sewn to the inside back of the lumbar pad for the velcro on the belt to hook up to. All the buckles should line up for the stabilizer straps and you will need to use a pair of K clip straps as the shoulder strap lowers.

hunterjmj

WKR
Out of curiosity, why would you change belts? I use the minikeg and love the duplex belt. I think it's the perfect daypack.

strongarm

FNG
Seconding what @hunterjmj replied, @worx53. The Duplex belt (and Duplex straps) is a dream system for non-frame packs. I debate some of the Omnibelt-based based packs for day used, but having both a Duplex frame as well as a Minikeg, I think it will be a let down to me having become used to the cushy suspension of the Duplex platform. The Duplex belt still have MOLLE/PALS matrix for pouches and other MOLLE-type accessories. It's a little bulkier, but performance trumps bulk in my opinion.

Last edited:
OP
worx53

worx53

WKR
I have had multiple of each…. Lots of Kifaru stuff has been on my back. The pals belt is more comfortable for me.. there is something about the height of the duplex cinched tight that causes tightness in my hip joints. I don’t get that from the pals or from shorter height belts similar to the duplex with all the foam and stiffness. my most comfortable pack and still decent at 80 pounds is a 14er with a pals belt. I think the duplex is overkill on this smaller pack.

OP
worx53

worx53

WKR
Negative Worx, not without modification. You will need a patch of hook velcro sewn to the inside back of the lumbar pad for the velcro on the belt to hook up to. All the buckles should line up for the stabilizer straps and you will need to use a pair of K clip straps as the shoulder strap lowers.

Bender.. thanks … so it’s slightly doable,,,

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
The Minikeg was was never meant to use the EDC belt, more of a smaller system for shorter people using our Duplex SS and WB. The 357mag is EDC belt compatible because it was aimed at Military use and they usually don't need the bigger Duplex belt. I know everything in my last post sounded like a gerry-rig but that's because the Keg was never meant to run that way. If you want to modify your Minikeg, I will send you velcro and thread to do it however.