Kifaru Longhunter.... Have questions..

Daniel_M

WKR
Sight unseen, I'm looking at a LH in "brand new condition" pack with some legit add-ons (cover, cargo chair, gun bearer). I do not know if it's the Legacy or Rendezvous bag, I'm waiting for an email back but still wanted to have a handful of questions generated. Unsure of it's exact age thus far but I'd like some feedback comparing it to the Timberline run of packs.

Pockets seem to be the only difference which I can easily overcome with a few grab bags.

Few questions -
Has the LH always had a removable frame... IE if this pack is 3+ years old, can the frame be upgraded to say a Duplex or Bikini?

How well does the LH adapt to say, a female frame - I realize that's a loaded question not knowing it's age and what the frame style is. Subject is 5ft9, normal back profile.

Any reason why I should not buy it given the TL and HC platforms now on the market?

Anything I need to know to look for as I check it out?

Shrek

WKR
The bag will fit any Bikini or Duplex frame and vise versus. The Long Hunter is a Duplex frame . It may be a G1 but it's still a duplex. You may have to swap belts to get it to fit but thats it. A female at 5'9" can probably use either 24" or 26" stays . If you can get it right you should be good to go.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it is only a few years old it should fit the Duplex frame system (either standard or bikini).
If the bag is a Rendezvous bag and you pass it on it please let me know. Depending on the deal I would not mind picking up one of those old mammoth pack bags.

Bag is not really your worry as much as the pack frame itself. Do you know the stay length on the frame? Is the deal on the pack bag only or the bag and frame? Odds are it is a Duplex frame.

the G1 frames arent as good as the G2 as per aron back when i asked the same question. the LH bags are a little heavy and the compression straps arent positioned as well as on the newer packs.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
65*North....I have a G2 Longhunter frame with a small waistbelt....lets meet up for drinks with our better halves and she can try it on and see how she like it...heck I game bring the bikini frame as well and adjust it all the way out for your LONG torso too ;) I'm sure we can figure something out. I have the Rondy bag, but I would be its a standard LH bag which is 7200 cu in. Personal I prefer lack of pockets and cut my Rondy bag down to just 2 pounds 5 oz....not bad for 8500 cu in of space. :D You know how to get a hold of me!!! :D

OP
Daniel_M

Daniel_M

WKR
Well as my luck would have it, the pack already sold.

BUT, I will take you up on drinks. I'll bring the much-talked about Black Bear Jalapeno cheddar dogs and a few Growlers.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Well as my luck would have it, the pack already sold.

BUT, I will take you up on drinks. I'll bring the much-talked about Black Bear Jalapeno cheddar dogs and a few Growlers.

Sounds good...I'll be coming off of two weeks of night shift.....so if I'm cranky forgive me....the growlers shoudl help with that though ;)