Kifaru Frame Questions

HUNT JR

WKR
Per the Kifaru website, I probably fit into the higher end of the specs for the 24 inch frame, but definitely within the bounds posted for the 24 inch frame. I have always run packs with a 26 inch frame and never felt like I had any issues. Why shouldn't I just go with another 26 inch frame? Would i get the load lifter straps too far above my shoulders and cause issues or?

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
With the 26" frame you can always attach the load lifters in one of the lower attachment points. The only time you cant is if you are using the lite frame without a bag. The lite frame only has one attachment point, I think. The bag has 3.

I don't think those measurements translate perfectly well between brands. I have personally measured Kuiu, Kifaru, Stone Glacier, Mystery Ranch, and Exo, and not all measure in line with their marketing.

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Most of the bags are made with 26" frames in mind if that sways your thinking. Also, what CB said. If you are going to use it as a load hauler; the Strykers, Hellbender or Straight Jacket will get you the other two load lifter tabs and the load sling to help control the contents.

OP
HUNT JR

HUNT JR

WKR
It is going to be paired with a ma deuce. I think the 26 makes the most sense for me as i want the additional leverage with the load lifters when hauling heavy loads.

Do i need the long shoulder straps with the 26 inch frame then?

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
What are your body specs? The shoulder strap length will be determined on your torso and also how big your chest is.