Kifaru DT2 pictures please!

I have a frame on the way and now I find myself doing hours of research for the perfect bag. My first choice and still my leading choice is the DT2 with guide lid. I like the idea of 5200 ci, included pouches, and side pockets. Seems to be a great value. I'm a day hunter with one 3-5 trip a year, so my pack will be a day pack the majority of the time. So with that, my concerns are having a jumbled mess of a pack when compressed. Would anyone be willing to post pics of the DT2 loaded but also compressed. Thanks crew!

I love my dt2 I bought a guide lid at first and found in day hunt mode it was a nickel big and awkward. I recently bought a long hunter lid and with the exception of a seven plus day hunt think it will suit my needs better. Bag was plenty of my 5 day pack in this year. If we'd have had multiple elk to pack out I would've wished for the dt1 but we didn't. Here's a couple of pics of mine. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451579135.601192.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451579160.348813.jpg wish I had a few more but I don't. Really like the back pockets and the slot pockets for tent poles and spotter/tripod didn't really use the bungee cord on back but it could serve a real purpose at times. I added a large side pocket and put my meals in it worked awesome for that. Two medium belt pouches a nalgene pocket and gun bearer and I had for me a nearly perfect setup. Can't wait to do some winter camping/coyote hunting with the new lid and see how it works compared to the guide lid.

This may not be any help.... But I have been in your very shoes, looking for the perfect bag with the same things in mind as you. It doesn't exist. The nomad was fine, I liked it the most. I thought the DT1 was to much for me. Currently I have ditched the bag all together and I am just running a guide lid with a grab it and belt pouches on each side. I also have a medium side pocket that fits my scope and tripod. This holds my day gear just fine. I can add a dry bag or camp bag full of my camp gear for the overnight or multi day trip. The grab it and guide lid with a couple straps hold it nicely and its easy to drop off at camp. I think this set up is great. Have not missed the nomad or DT1 at all yet. I will try to attach a photo.

Attachments

• IMG_6546.jpg
    IMG_6546.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 188
This may not be any help.... But I have been in your very shoes, looking for the perfect bag with the same things in mind as you. It doesn't exist. The nomad was fine, I liked it the most. I thought the DT1 was to much for me. Currently I have ditched the bag all together and I am just running a guide lid with a grab it and belt pouches on each side. I also have a medium side pocket that fits my scope and tripod. This holds my day gear just fine. I can add a dry bag or camp bag full of my camp gear for the overnight or multi day trip. The grab it and guide lid with a couple straps hold it nicely and its easy to drop off at camp. I think this set up is great. Have not missed the nomad or DT1 at all yet. I will try to attach a photo.

I love this idea. Its the best option for day hunting, but makes me nervous for long outings without a bag. I'll look into this though. I'd love more pics if you can text them. 308-380-9079

Muddycrick I almost always hunt alone so I don't have much for photos. I can tell you that the pack compresses down nicely. With two long pockets and the two pockets on the pack I can suck the pack right in and almost never have to get into the main bag. I can load it up for a ten day trip and have everything fit in the bag with the exception of my sleeping bag and bivy which I put in a back pouch dock and locked to the back. The first photo is day pack mode with half a sheep and horns and cape. The second photo is day mode with no animal.

765bbfc7dc164d4b4276d927caa5620a_zpsxtovckk0.jpg

53cf72caa13bd3593588d8184d155301_zpsgdkfoylv.jpg

With that being said, I also have since switched to the Nomad. The Nomad has taken awhile to get used to but I have no intentions of switching back.

MMM, how do you have your rifle attached to your DT2 in those pics? I've been looking at the gun bearer, but don't like how they show them attaching. Thanks.

WaArcher it's Just a home made system I made with a clip and a couple 3 bar sliders. It just clips around the pistol grip on your stock and under a strap near the top of the pack. I can reach back and release the clip with one hand and have my rifle shouldered fairly quick without removing my pack. I tried the gun bearer but just couldn't get used to it. I made another one for my 450 guide gun that doesn't have a pistol grip, on that one the strap simply cradles the stock but releases the same way.

ac91181ec2b4022e9372aeb8cffd67e5_zps0e161aa6.jpg

88362260fdd3ecfa8af28a6b57797c3e_zps33700d4c.jpg

I have the t2 bag and love it. I use it mainly as a day pack but would be comfortable going for a week with it as well. A hind quarter of a elk will fit in it no problem. That bag and a grab it and you are good to go.

Back