Kifaru Doorgunner

Looking at the Kifaru Doorgunner for southeastern whitetail hunting pack, TAC pack, gravel cycling pack, and just a good day hike pack.

Pricey, but I know the buy once cry once philosophy.

Anyone here with one or wanting to part with one?

Yes, this is my first post. I was recommended by the Sitka folks and Kifaru folks to join while at the lastest TAC.

hunterjmj

WKR
I got one for my daughter and it's a great size for children or for a very small day pack. You could put food and and a few smaller items in it. I'd use it if I was hunting close to the pickup for short antelope hunts but I think it would be to small for day hunting mule deer/elk.

Austink47

WKR
It is a good pack, very comfortable and like all kifaru stuff it is bombproof. It also packs a lot of weight for its size, it kind of sucked but I packed out a elk hind quarter with the addition of a grab it.

You are kind of skirting the rules. I have a RG with a medium belt. If you are interested get your 10 posts and send me a PM. Just a heads up be careful with WTB adds there have been some scammers about.

N2TRKYS

WKR
If it’s big enough for your needs, get it. It wouldn’t be big enough for me to use as a hunting pack.

OP
B
It is a good pack, very comfortable and like all kifaru stuff it is bombproof. It also packs a lot of weight for its size, it kind of sucked but I packed out a elk hind quarter with the addition of a grab it.

You are kind of skirting the rules. I have a RG with a medium belt. If you are interested get your 10 posts and send me a PM. Just a heads up be careful with WTB adds there have been some scammers about.
Thanks for the heads up. It is quite the purchase when considering it is a backpack. I am really wanting to take some time to make sure I spend wisely. Impressive that the little pack could tote that much meat out. That is definietly a selling point.

OP
B
Thank you all for your input here. I have now tossed the Eberlestock Bandit on the menu. Anyone have any experience with this one? Should I get this and use it for a while, it looks like it could be easily adaptable and useable for my 11 year old son. Looks like a good option for light hikes and a bike backpack when exploring.

Bcleck90

WKR
I have two of them now. One for me and one for my gf. Great size for your intended use. We use them for day hunts close to the truck and hiking. It’s a small/ slim pack that is very comfortable. If I need more room i’d rather have a frame to carry meat vs an oversized backpack.

TX_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you all for your input here. I have now tossed the Eberlestock Bandit on the menu. Anyone have any experience with this one? Should I get this and use it for a while, it looks like it could be easily adaptable and useable for my 11 year old son. Looks like a good option for light hikes and a bike backpack when exploring.

I have a Bandit, and would definitely recommend it. I like kifaru and have a lot of their gear, and looked at the doorgunner for a long time. Never got my hands on one in person, but went with the Bandit because of how it zips all the way open (similar to the 44 mag). I really like that opening style.

OP
B
I wanted to thank all of you for the input. I went with the Kifaru Doorgunner. Bought it from Austink47. Excellent communication, smooth transaction, and very courteous. Excited to use this on the daily.

Just for future reference, I have had the doorgunner, and currently have an E&E, Urban Ruck 2.0, Echo and Shape Charge as far as kifaru daypacks.

I still think the Bandit is the best early season whitetail day pack/tac pack out of the bunch and I wouldnt say its even close, and its about half the price of the Kifaru packs. Later season you might want more space in a Shape Charge.

Ive modified the echo with some webbing to carry arrows on the side in the water bottle pocket, and added a guide lid strap to both sides of the urban ruck 2.0 to carry arrows/tripod in the bottle pockets. Still prefer the bandit. If Kifaru ever made a mini shape charge, that might be a contender.

G_Tacoma

Lil-Rokslider
Just for future reference, I have had the doorgunner, and currently have an E&E, Urban Ruck 2.0, Echo and Shape Charge as far as kifaru daypacks.

I still think the Bandit is the best early season whitetail day pack/tac pack out of the bunch and I wouldnt say its even close, and its about half the price of the Kifaru packs. Later season you might want more space in a Shape Charge.

Ive modified the echo with some webbing to carry arrows on the side in the water bottle pocket, and added a guide lid strap to both sides of the urban ruck 2.0 to carry arrows/tripod in the bottle pockets. Still prefer the bandit. If Kifaru ever made a mini shape charge, that might be a contender.
mini shapecharge would be sweet

OP
B
mini shapecharge would be sweet
I am looking at adding the Eberlestock Bandit into the rotation by ‘hiding’ it as use for my son. I think jolly ol’ Saint Nick will gift the shape charge. Yes I have a backpack problem.

Halciett

FNG
I know this is an old thread but, has anyone tried running a bandit with a Kifaru Omni belt or Edc belt ?