kifaru AMR , Argali , and two large spotting scope pockets. Coyote.

Shrek

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coyote AMR = $265 tyd
Coyote Argali = $160 tyd
Two Coyote large scope pockets = $35 each tyd - both sold
Foliage top zip long pocket old style = $25 tyd - sold
AMR and scope pockets are a little dusty/dirty but no damage. Argali is pretty clean. Foliage old style is clean and never used.
I've decided I'm going back to a DT1.
All payments postal money orders.

Last edited:
OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foliage long pocket sold !
Found a UL top zip long pocket as new never used $25 tyd - sold to Fixitman !

Last edited:
OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had someone PM me on why I'm going back to the DT1 . I'll answer here publicly. I like the open top integral side pockets and the main bag has just the right amount of room for what I do. I had an earlier DT1 which had smaller front and side pockets that would get tight with my larger loads. Newer DT1's have larger pockets that solved that issue. The layout is about right for me in the DT1. I put the spotter on the left side opposite of my rifle on my right which helps to balance the load. The AMR is a great bag but it's way more than I need under any condition I can think of for me. The DT1 will carry all the meat and grear my old ass can stand and the AMR could hold half again as much. The scope pockets work well on it but I liked the open top pockets of the DT1 better. The front pockets on the AMR are about perfect. The Argali has two issues for me. The scope pocket goes on the back which leaves me struggling to counter balance my rifle and it has no bottom zipper. I like the bottom sleeping bag zipper. The Argali is also way more bag than I could carry fully loaded. Both the AMR and Argali are young mens bags with tons of room for meat and gear. I just couldn't fill it and carry one more than a mile or maybe two downhill and would be asking for an injury. A 70-80 lb load is max for me and I'm aiming for less than 60 lbs under most conditions.

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One scope pocket sold and one left.
Katoman , I kept thinking the next bag would somehow be better. I bought the Argali to modify but when I was mocking it up it became obvious that I wouldn't be happy and finally admitted that the DT1 was all I needed and laid out about right for what I do and carry.

Baja

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the answer. Those are some good reasons and it makes sense. I am looking at the Tahr with room to expand, or the DT12. I may add a zipper to the Tahr myself, if I get that.

Gumbo

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Seems like I often switch out gear only to realize the grass isn't always greener...but you never know until you try.