Kifaru 357 Mag Capable of Packing Elk Quarter?

I picked up a Kifaru 357 Mag pack recently and really like the layout and comfort. It seems like a great day hunting pack. Has anyone used it to pack an elk quarter? It seems like a well built pack but I wasn't sure how well it would handle that heavy of a load being an internal frame. Anyone have first hand experiance using it to pack out a load?

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
Hi Timberlinehunter. I have a 357 that I have used some. I have not packed out an elk quarter with it, but have packed approximately 50ish pounds of gear and (mostly) water on a summer scouting trip. The pack handled the weight fine. I don’t think the weight of an elk quarter would be an issue, anymore than with a duplex frame. I think Kifaru says around 80 pounds is where things start to go south. The limitation might be the size of the bag. Bone out should be fine. Bone in might be too wide. Could always leave the bag zippers open and strap the quarter on against the internal frame.

I really like mine.
Thanks. -Rufus

OP
T
Thanks for the feedback Rufus. Good point on the bag size. Bone out would probably be best like you mentioned. Hopefully I am lucky enough to try the pack out next season to pack some meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk