Kenetrek/toe flex

Hello to all,

I have a pair of Kenetrek Everstep Mountain extreme boots.

I have been breaking them in slowly and have read about the process of breaking these boots in. Doing nothing major just local hikes with minimal elevation gain. The leather is breaking in nicely and my foot feels good wearing them.

This is my first pair of Mountain Hunting boots.

At what point does the toe box begin to have some flex in it? Does it ever flex at all when broken it? I know with a 7mm midsole there is a lot of work to be done in the break-in period. No problem. I'm pretty patient and have time. Running another pair of boots until I get more miles in. Enjoying the boots so far.

Any answers to the question are greatly appreciated and very welcome.

Thanks.

Benjblt

WKR
They say 50 miles to break in. They are stiff boots so they'll never flex a ton but they will a little more after about 50 to 100 miles. I've had a pair since 2014 and they are almost like slippers now. We're talking 300 to 400 miles (wild guess). Some of them very hard steep miles. I think steep, hard miles break them in much faster than horizontal miles. The sole will always be somewhat stiff but I think it takes much more than 50 gentle miles to get these FULLY broken in. Not everybody loves Kenetrek but I've had the best luck with the Mountain Extremes. . and I've worn at least a dozen other high-end boots.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
The shank of the boot determine how much flex they have, it shouldn't ever change.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

grfox92

WKR
They won't start flexing after break in and frankly you don't want them to. They are stiff for a reason. It definely feels strange at first, but you will get used to it.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

OP
O
Thank you guys for your help.
As I mentioned this is my first true hunting boot and just wanted to know what to expect.
I don't mind stiff, that's the reason I got them. My feet are pretty screwed up.
Not certain how elevation gains without some flex or give.
Your right, I will probably get used to it.

grfox92

WKR
Thank you guys for your help.
As I mentioned this is my first true hunting boot and just wanted to know what to expect.
I don't mind stiff, that's the reason I got them. My feet are pretty screwed up.
Not certain how elevation gains without some flex or give.
Your right, I will probably get used to it.
I don't have the best feet either but my Kennetreks fixed that problem for hiking and hunting. They are the most comfortable piece of footwear that I own and that includes sneakers.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Echoing what others have said, they are a stiff boot. The sole has a bit of a rocker to it and that changes your gate a bit but I can attests that they do just fine in the mountains. I don’t have occasion to wear mine enough, but they are awesome when I do.