Keeping an old bow?

Ice-kub

Lil-Rokslider
I have two Mathews Custom Safari bows. Together, they have killed every big game animal in North America. Unfortunately, they are not only 15+ years old, they are also 43+" axle to axle and have a draw weight of 100 pounds. However, they can be turned down to about 80 pounds. You'd need about a 29"-30" draw length for these bows to fit you, but if anyone is interested, they are yours for the cost of the postage....one or both. You can get the same KE with a newer bow that only has a 75#-80# draw weight.....but at least the price is right.....and you'd even have a back up bow (as well as a third bow if you cannabalized parts from both bows to keep one of the two original bows functioning).
I'll take one if still available

Older thread but I always only had 1 bow forever never an issue until last year…. Around June I had the cable splitter break on my Hoyt helix ultra waited a month still no 50 cent plastic part so I picked up a used prime inline 5 shot it all summer everything was great…. Until October 23rd shot my bow just to see I had the weekend off things were starting to get good noticed the limb on my prime was splintering… shop told me they had a set in stock I’d have them in 2 days tops. Mid week rolls around no limbs no bow together Halloween weekend coming fast I got home and put my Hoyt together and killed the buck I was hunting that weekend. Really glad I had a back up this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WBrim

WKR
I always err on the side of keeping the last bow, “just in case”. I’ve eventually sold a few, but I have more than I can shoot now. If I keep procrastinating, my sons may grow into them, but that’s still a few years out.