Just like Christmas

crumy

WKR
I had an unexpected surprise today. I purchased a TI Goat Stove and a Megatarp with Annex + goodies off classifieds and both arrived today within minutes of each other. You know how hard it is to setup a stove and a tarp in a conference room ;) I couldn't wait till I got home so I had to set the stuff up.

And little things that are functional really impress me. Having the bag sewn into the Megatarp is brilliant. Makes it so easy to store and you don't lose anything.

OP
crumy

crumy

WKR
I will put some up tomorrow. The wind is a little rough here in Laramie today.

OP
crumy

crumy

WKR
Ok... Question 1: So how does everyone else the pics to be nice and all together and looking good. Mine suck... have to click each link...

Question 2. Please look at he annex. Did I do it right? I am guessing you just tie it to the stakes at bottom with the string. And does it have enough angle? The top of tarp looks awful close to the stove pipe hole.

Did i I mention it was like like herding cats seeting this thing up by myself in the wind.

Craig4791

WKR
I can't see the pics..... did you insert them off of your computer?

The tarp does come really close to the stove pipe. i try and angle my pipe outwards and use the stove pipe stabilizers to tie off inside to one of the trekking poles and one outside to the front guy cord. This seems to keep it stable and away from the pipe.

OP
crumy

crumy

WKR
Yea.. Off my computer. I don't know what is going on.. I did it before and it worked ok.

OP
crumy

crumy

WKR
Ok... No try this.. Apparently if I edit the post and say attach files instead of photos I can get it to work.

IMG_1094.jpgIMG_1092[1].jpg

Last edited:

6t4nova

WKR
Looks good to me Jim. Like Craig said, its best to angle to pipe away from the tarp. Works like a charm that way. I'd say you had better luck setting up the annex the first time than I did. I have trekking poles that have shocks built in and they would compress when set up so I wasn't getting a full 52" when I had them set at 132. ha! Luckily I figured it out before Aron went nuts trying to figure out what was going on with my annex and tarp.

OP
crumy

crumy

WKR
Looks good to me Jim. Like Craig said, its best to angle to pipe away from the tarp. Works like a charm that way. I'd say you had better luck setting up the annex the first time than I did. I have trekking poles that have shocks built in and they would compress when set up so I wasn't getting a full 52" when I had them set at 132. ha! Luckily I figured it out before Aron went nuts trying to figure out what was going on with my annex and tarp.

Thanks. I wasn't sure. But I did learn... put the annex on BEFORE you get the tarp up. This thing is HUGE. I knew it was big but didn't realize it you could park a lincoln in it.