July, you worthless turd...

rm06

WKR
This was the title of an article in the blog section, maybe on First Lite's old site? Going back many years here, way before the Meateater acquisition.

Anyway, it doesn't seem to exist any longer and/or my Google-fu just sucks. It was an article lamenting the heat of the month and distance time-wise from remembering spring hunts and looking forward to fall hunts and echos my own opinion on the month.

If anyone recalls the post and if it can still be found, I'd appreciate it. July really is a worthless turd.

WKR
Put your suit and sunglasses on, head to the nearest tubing river, boating lake, or local beach, and check out the local female scenery.
100%

Also, grill up some steaks to enjoy last seasons' efforts and make room in the freezer.

WKR
I probably live too far east for this to be relevant on this forum, but this is my personal tier list for the months of the year. 'Merica.

image001.png

In my 47 years of living on this earth, I’ve never experienced as humid and windless summer as this year. Maybe it’s where I’m getting older. But, the sun, extreme heat, humidity in the 90’s, and lack of wind is really wearing me down. So, I agree. This year July is a worthless turd.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Humidity blows. But my CO rankings would be Sept, July, August, June, May, April.......then the 6 months of winter suck. That's why I need to be a snow bird. Spend the winters someplace warm and fun. Lots of golf and fishing.

Maverick1

WKR
July is a great month for training for the mountains. The heat and humidity make everything worse, which is why I enjoy the suffering. Running, hiking with a weighted sandbag in the pack frame, shooting the bow, lifting weights, mowing the grass with a backpack on, long cycling sessions, it’s all good. Builds mental toughness for September. Dabble a little bit in maps (not too much). August is for packing gear and more map work, fine tuning and preparation. Should have a good base from April-June, July is testing that base and improving. 45 days left until season opens in some states.

rclouse79

WKR
I won’t say I dislike July but if I were forced to rank it would go
1.Fall (main hunting season)
2. Spring (bear and turkey)
3. Winter (ice fishing and ice camping)
4. Summer (backpacking, fishing, daydreaming about the approaching fall)

grfox92

WKR
Drove cross country in late June this year and the heat and humidity in Iowa was unbearable on a level I've never experienced before. Truly brutal.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Brunson84

Lil-Rokslider
In southeast South Carolina we rarely have a spring or fall season, cold windy humid straight to hot and humid. But I thank the Lord we don’t have multiple feet in snow, that would be a total shutdown around here. July is not my favorite but it’s weather lasts til mid October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
rm06

rm06

WKR
Lol, I was actually looking for the article/blog, thanks for all the suggestions tho

Broomd

WKR
We've had an amazing July here in North Idaho--usually its 100* and 2* humidity, this year it's been moist 75* some days and even some rain. Normally a very rare scenario.

Caught a nice stringer of channel cats/crappie/northerns yesterday. Usually it's very slow fishing in the Summer here but not this year!

Last edited:

ShakeDown

WKR
June is much worse than July. July is close to August, which is basically September.

Now October...Man that’s a shitty month. Nothing but deer hunting and a solid 11 months till September.